Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 2 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kyle Dunkley, younger brother of Josh, is apparently "not eligible to be matched" in the upcoming national draft. He has nominated Sydney and if they don't select him in the draft he can be pre-selected as a rookie by Sydney.

Why is that the case? What makes Kyle Dunkley different to Rhylee West or any other potential father-son draftee for instance?
From what I read of it, Sydney have nominated him as a rookie selection only. Which means that if he makes it through to the rookie draft, he's exclusively theirs if they pre-select him.

He still can get picked by anyone in the national draft before that happens (I'm not sure if Sydney have the right to match a bid on him during national draft though, my take is that they don't).

So if anyone but Sydney wants him, they have to get him in the national draft not the rookie draft.

From what I read of it, Sydney have nominated him as a rookie selection only. Which means that if he makes it through to the rookie draft, he's exclusively theirs if they pre-select him.

He still can get picked by anyone in the national draft before that happens (I'm not sure if Sydney have the right to match a bid on him during national draft though, my take is that they don't).

So if anyone but Sydney wants him, they have to get him in the national draft not the rookie draft.
Correct. They can not match a bid for him in the national draft but if he makes it through to the rookie draft like he probably will they can select him onto the rookie list before it starts

Perhaps Bonts hip is better enter than we think, and instead of signing a long term deal now that would have him as "just" the highest paid player at the club, he's backing that his form over the next two seasons will get him a contact that makes him one of the top earners in the entire comp.

Not worried that the man is trying to get himself a better contract down the road. Gets to sign his long term deal as a 25 year old entering his prime rather than as a younger player coming off of a couple of "down" years.

Shut up flogs and let me melt and go all MD

Can see it all happening in 2 years and 10/11 months time

After speculation all year on his future, Bont will go to one of the normal Hawthorn, Geelong or Sydney...

Enjoy your pick 14 compo for the Bont
Your melt is noted.

FU_iwp9MeEM8TQuY8mNegckL4tG2miX3-EipYtxW3pCtYpExBMI2K_wBhZApN-ruCAkZFkY_-mU6EZ1wmShAFtwOg0uglt5VGtpHiO4=w500-h280-nc

Please be true. The number of posters that came on here saying that Bont was about to sign a 6-7 year deal has made me lose just about all faith in rumours on this sub
I don't do rumours. I'll only post info if I know it's accurate, which is why I barely post info

I heard that Tom Boyd's **** are looking for a new two year deal after he shed them in the off-season.

One year for each boob.

As much as I love ****, those two can be delisted....

IF we can spread a rumour that they grow up in Geelong, the Cats will be all over them like a bad rash.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Take a little time away from Bigfooty, log in to see how the good news is going down and see the usual hand wringing.

giphy.gif

This place...

Where Bont eschewing a protracted negotiation and re-signing early and a draftee’s parents giving him a lift to the club are both somehow cause for alarm.

It’s incredible.

Sam Maclure reporting Hunter 5 year deal and he guesses at 600-700k p.a.
Guess his value would be high right now with his Bradbury BnF

Like the long term deal however if it happens to be so

Would've preferred a Sam called Landsberger reporting that though

My understanding is that a two year extension under the current contractual format takes Bont to restrircted free agency. So from a Bulldogs point of view is better than a three year extension and unrestricted free agency.

Also gives him the opportunity to get a big final contract, which if we're happy to give it to him can only be a good thing.

Relax. If you're a Bulldog fan, this is good news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back