Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 2 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you only knew,we would have more chance of bont than you have with king,l know for a fact its his dream for him and his whole family to play with his brother and dont we(saints)know it😎
Might want to reconsider your source mate. Doesn't seem like he shares the strong passion for the Saints as you thought.

The whole, Ben King is so in love with St Kilda and badly wants to play for his brother is nothing more than some fan fiction erotica created by Saints fans themselves. Nearly every AFL player grew up madly in love with another team. Sadly they became so convinced of it being a certainty, you got chewed apart if you suggested otherwise. Always 2023 I guess.

Last edited:
Remember that battle scene in Braveheart.

Hold...Hold....Hold

That's all we need to do here. Saints will cave for 32 and Crows will for 45.
If they don't, so be it we keep the picks and go to the draft. Maybe a late upgrade of picks for Bruce yet I wouldn't be giving up much more than 45 for Keith.

I agree with the 'hold" strategy. I would like Keath but I am not for selling the farm to get him as i don't think he is a major upgrade on Young. Admittedly I am basing that on 'potential" and I could be wrong but equally we don't have a long form line with the 40 game Keath. Do others see Keath and Young as playing for the same position?

Remember watching Ronke's debut - think he kicked 7?

Guy just couldn't stop scoring goals. No idea what he's done since.
Liked him as a smoky in his draft year. IIRC the Hawks were keen.

Lloyd nearly as salty about NGA as he is about Daniher. Can't believe two top ten picks seems the accepted price for a broken down player accompanied by the strange media 'silence' on the reasons for leaving. The only comparison for Danihers reasons for leaving being made is with Buddy who was shown later to have mental health issues.

And NGA just seems to be zones by stealth. Not a fan but why not? The AFL continually tampers with the draft's integrity anyway with FA comp and priority picks. Joke of a competition.

The Essendon demands are crazy. They just can’t face the proposition that he might go cheap and actually start playing super games. Great point regarding the existential issues with the draft now. Two new teams have compromised it more than the NGAs ever will imo.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

That's crap - we could get St Kilda's pick 18 with 13 and another pick, then trade up our third rounders to get a 2nd rounder for Keath.
Crows fans are generally happy with that, as long as the 2nd is the on the high to mid side, but i have serious doubts that anyone will be trading that many 3rd rounders that don't involve players before Wednesday. Kudos if you can get it done though.

I think the problem for Saints is that they don't have the picks for all their targets this year, and they need their picks for next year for an NGA? They've moved from P6 to 12 & 18, i doubt they'll want to go backwards again asthey won't have an additional pick to do it.

Crows fans are generally happy with that, as long as the 2nd is the on the high to mid side, but i have serious doubts that anyone will be trading that many 3rd rounders that don't involve players before Wednesday. Kudos if you can get it done though.

I think the problem for Saints is that they don't have the picks for all their targets this year, and they need their picks for next year for an NGA? They've moved from P6 to 12 & 18, i doubt they'll want to go backwards again asthey won't have an additional pick to do it.
Next year’s Saints picks were for Ben King not NGA I think. Understandable to get confused as they talk about Ben King as if he’s part of their NGA.

Nice to see Ben King pulling the old, “I’ll lock in my cash at the suns then demand a trade in 12 months time”, trick.

Gives him the mega cash and he’ll end up in Melbs. Smart play.

And no, I don’t know anything. Just spitballing. That’s what I’d do if i were representing him. Smart either way.

Also GCS are in a better bargaining position should he want to move. He moves as a contracted player

(Log in to remove this ad.)

t
Next year’s Saints picks were for Ben King not NGA I think. Understandable to get confused as they talk about Ben King as if he’s part of their NGA.

Thanks for clarifying!

That being said, surely they'll need all of P 12, 18 and next years first if they're to get Dougal Howard and Hill into the side. P12 and their next years first gets Hill, i would think, and P18 gets Howard.

I agree with the 'hold" strategy. I would like Keath but I am not for selling the farm to get him as i don't think he is a major upgrade on Young. Admittedly I am basing that on 'potential" and I could be wrong but equally we don't have a long form line with the 40 game Keath. Do others see Keath and Young as playing for the same position?

Young FB, Keith CHB

Got a feeling 2020 is going to be the year of Lewis Young.

I'm okay with taking 23 to the draft, even though I prefer pick 13. If we keep a couple of our thirds, we can trade back up again into the back end of the first if we need to. Reckon our draft activity this year will be very minimal (couple picks and an upgrade)

I'd normally agree but I reckon we are close by getting a couple of big bolt ons in Josh and Alex

But we don’t need to do it.
Saints are saying they want more than 32, citing Adams move. Well, we can include a third rounder, just like the Adams deal.
Crows want more but Keath has little exposed form, older & injured. Add an extra third rounder.

This is all basic stuff and we keep our first rounder.

But we don’t need to do it.
Saints are saying they want more than 32, citing Adams move. Well, we can include a third rounder, just like the Adams deal.
Crows want more but Keath has little exposed form, older & injured. Add an extra third rounder.

This is all basic stuff and we keep our first rounder.

Hey I'm all for paying less, don't get me wrong, but I'd also be happy to pay the price as I think where we are at with the list, adding these two big experienced players to the list puts us well in the mix at the pointy end.

Don't really see us drafting him/signing but i thought Angus Schumacher did enough in the VFL to get another season

192cm Running Defender, might be a solid Footscray signing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back