Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 2 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going on the record that I want us to sign Menzel....

.... as a forward coach.

He can teach our young ones how to position themselves better, lead better, mark better, contested forward work better.

All the best, Mitch. 35 games over 5 seasons is a proper AFL career.

May it be that when you line up your next career goal, your aim is straighter than your set shots were.

Have to sign or draft a mature ruckman now. Cannot just run with Trengove, English and Boyd.

If Boyd got hurt, or had to play in the ruck, our key forward depth chart would look like:

1. Schache............................that is all.
Someone was saying Toyd has a bad back :(

With the added certainty around our list following these delistings, our current status ahead of the draft is:

33 players on the senior list (7 spots available)
3 players on the rookie list (2 spots available)

Draft Picks: 7, 27, 32, 45, 63, 75 & 82

Those with a bit of knowledge on the draft - would the following be likely/optimal?

7 (Smith/King/Rozee)
27 (West - likely used to match a bid around pick 15-21)
32 (Khamis - likely pushed back in draft as we'll probably need more points than just pick 27 to get West)
45 (Will Hayes)
63 (Ben Cavarra)
75 (Gowers upgrade)
82 (Lynch upgrade)

Look at his stats for his first 3 years
How long ago was 2013? Move with the times or get left behind.

We entered 2018 with 4 FA, 2 RFA & 2 UFA. We we always not going to sign 2.
As a FA right, it is up to them to try and get that one last BIG contract.

IMO giving Dahlhaus a 4 year contract would’ve been a bad move, we have 8-10 guys who’ll out perform him over the next 4 years. People need to take the emotion out of it and use logic.

Have to sign or draft a mature ruckman now. Cannot just run with Trengove, English and Boyd.

If Boyd got hurt, or had to play in the ruck, our key forward depth chart would look like:

1. Schache............................that is all.
It's called the mid-season draft.

Those with a bit of knowledge on the draft - would the following be likely/optimal?

7 (Smith/King/Rozee)
27 (West - likely used to match a bid around pick 15-21)
32 (Khamis - likely pushed back in draft as we'll probably need more points than just pick 27 to get West)
45 (Will Hayes)
63 (Ben Cavarra)
75 (Gowers upgrade)
82 (Lynch upgrade)
We are at the mercy of others when it comes to bids or if it comes to bids, Hayes and Cavarra most likely rookie picks
judging on past ratings of our VFL talent. Best of just watching the space they will do what they do, they may even go
a DFA before the draft nothing would surprise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But we carry guys like Honey Jong Campbell and co year after year mate

Jake is a seperate issue why he left.

Personally I’d hope the club would work with a guy like Dahl and try to get him back to what he was and we put him on the trade table LAST year so after one year of poor form we were prepared to let let him go? Sorry mate in my book that isn’t good enough
honey and campbell are not up to afl standard, hence their delisting. jong improved this year. unlucky with injuries. will be a better player next year as THE WIND RISES. also, jong is my hero.

I'm with you 100% JTG.....
I like both their comments, even though many times I don't agree. They do contribute and well if you don't agree just say so in a polite manner. footy is an emotional game. btw, i am pretty glad that honey and campbell are off. not up to afl standard. we can try two new players. we are on a real build up this year. 9 delists and retirements, right? bevo is building his own team. expect him to sign again for the dogs for a few more years again. my prediction for next year is that we make the 8. this is based on how much we improved towards the end of the year. also, we finished 13th!!!

honey and btc are now gone, are we all happy now? so look forward to the draft now!

How about picking up a mature key forward as a rookie instead of a Ruck. There's gotta be a decent 1 still out there.
Matthew Hammelmann fits your bill, formerly on the Brisbane list was the leading goal kicker in the NEAFL this year with almost
60 Goals was also full forward in my mature team of the year. I will include his Height to Weight ratios while at Brisbane.

2017- 198 cm and 99 kg
2016- 198 cm and 95 kg
2015- 197 cm and 88 kg

Those are his three years as a rookie at Brisbane before that he played at Morningside in the QFL his bio reads
A tall forward with strong hands on the lead has good pace off the mark and an excellent leap. Yet another
young man spat out of the system for being a little immature, never met him so can't comment on the
mental side, but maybe that switch has flicked. While at Brisbane he was converted to a tall defender during
his time on the rookie list.

Matthew Hammelmann fits your bill, formerly on the Brisbane list was the leading goal kicker in the NEAFL this year with almost
60 Goals was also full forward in my mature team of the year. I will include his Height to Weight ratios while at Brisbane.

2017- 198 cm and 99 kg
2016- 198 cm and 95 kg
2015- 197 cm and 88 kg

Those are his three years as a rookie at Brisbane before that he played at Morningside in the QFL his bio reads
A tall forward with strong hands on the lead has good pace off the mark and an excellent leap. Yet another
young man spat out of the system for being a little immature, never met him so can't comment on the
mental side, but maybe that switch has flicked. While at Brisbane he was converted to a tall defender during

Maybe getting him away from QLD will also help him focus and train harder.

His repeat leading, training habits and endurance are said to be flaws.

2017- 198 cm and 99 kg
2016- 198 cm and 95 kg
2015- 197 cm and 88 kg

Sounds like a potentially good prospect. Hopefully the team have had a chat to him to see where his heads at, could be another Gowers for us.
Is your mature TOTY posted anywhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back