Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 3 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apparently a four way trade deal was rejected by us, which would have seen us slide from 13 to 23 in the draft, and collect Bruce and Keath. The deal was the same one well mentioned on here. Crows, Swans, Saints and Us.

Also apparently we are in talks with Port as well, to look at breaking the dead lock. Unless there is something else in that one.

And that we may consider swapping 13, with the Saints 18 for Bruce instead. Which leaves 32 for Keath. Probably a better outcome for us, but it will rely on the Saints not shifting 18 off for Howard.

We must really want someone in this draft if we are keen to keep within the first round.

Apparently a four way trade deal was rejected by us, which would have seen us slide from 13 to 23 in the draft, and collect Bruce and Keath. The deal was the same one well mentioned on here. Crows, Swans, Saints and Us.

Also apparently we are in talks with Port as well, to look at breaking the dead lock. Unless there is something else in that one.

And that we may consider swapping 13, with the Saints 18 for Bruce instead. Which leaves 32 for Keath. Probably a better outcome for us, but it will rely on the Saints not shifting 18 off for Howard.

We must really want someone in this draft if we are keen to keep within the first round.
I doubt our chances of getting something done with Port. They MIGHT be interested in a bunch of our later picks since it will pay for the Mead bid, and allow them to try trade up with another club. Helps the Saints too, by removing the need to pay for Howard with a 1st rounder

I'm not sold on Keath at all. If Adelaide want to play hardball for an uncontracted player then they're just being unreasonable. I'd happily give up 32 + 45 for Bruce though. I'd even do 13 + 32 for Bruce + 18. It's overs but gets us a full forward for four years plus another first round draftee.

Seemed like a fair deal overall....
2 key player for dogs would put them up in premiership contention.
Doesn't seem like a year you really need 13
Really getting the impression there's either another trade we are not aware of (doubtful) or the club must be massively keen on a particular player.

Someone like McAsey or Weightman could be there at 13, but almost certainly gone by 23. If it's one of those two, I can kind of understand declining the trade. Would rather just get it done and not risk the whole thing falling apart, but I trust the process

Mofra you mentioned in another thread about sliding from 13 to 18. The article outlining the four club deal mentioned it too. How does that trade look? What else are we sending, what else are we getting?

Saints have 18 and Bruce which is too much for 13 and 13 might be more than Saints are willing to pay for a Howard/Ryder package.

In apparently a quite even draft after the first two, I’m kinda confused and annoyed at our stubbornness with pick 13. Why does this club constantly feel the need to make me panic and worry? Can’t we just do simple trades and hold a lead for a season or two? Just try it Dogs, see how it goes. Your fans will love you for it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seemed like a fair deal overall....
2 key player for dogs would put them up in premiership contention.
Doesn't seem like a year you really need 13
People are dismissing this draft too lightly. Every time a draft is considered to lack depth, many seem to imply that the whole list of draftees are not worth it. Like Rowell and Anderson are the only good players, and the rest is a pure lottery. There is still some very solid talent inside the top 20 picks. Especially at small forward and tall defenders which we lack in one, and lack in depth in the other. Even in the crappiest drafts, the top 15 are usually pretty solid.

This four-way deal would’ve sparked an AFL trade domino effect. The Dogs rejected it

Alex Keath and Josh Bruce remain in limbo after a four-way trade proposal was shut down by the Western Bulldogs over the weekend.
Foxfooty.com.au understands Adelaide was the architect behind the arrangement, which fell down when the Dogs refused to slide from Pick 13 to 23 in the draft.

The Swans and Saints gave the Crows their initial tick of approval, but the Dogs rejected the deal.

The trade would have seen St Kilda land Zak Jones but lose Josh Bruce, while Sydney would have gained Pick 28 for Jones.

Had the multi-pronged trade been accepted, it would have unlocked several conundrums around the league and potentially acted as a key domino.

But the Dogs remained adamant Pick 13 is not for sale and resolute in their belief they can land Keath from Adelaide and Bruce from St Kilda while hanging onto the first-round selection.

The proposed four-club deal would have seen the Dogs trade their first three picks — 13, 32 and 51 — to Adelaide for Keath and Picks 23 and 28.

Pick 28 would then make its way from Whitten Oval to Moorabbin to secure Bruce, allowing St Kilda to use it to land Zak Jones from Sydney.

The Dogs have also been locked in talks with Port Adelaide instead of Adelaide as list manager Sam Power seeks to break a deadlock.

The Saints currently hold Picks 12 and 18 and have told rivals they intend to use the latter selection to land Power swingman Dougal Howard — or at least save it for negotiations with Port.

If the Bulldogs can’t make any progress in the next 24 hours, they may look at trading down from 13 to 18 to unlock a series of movements that secures Keath and Bruce. But that relies on St Kilda hanging on to Pick 18, which is no certainty.

The Western Bulldogs currently hold Pick 32 and have offered that to St Kilda for Bruce, but the Saints want a better deal for the contracted spearhead.

Bruce is keen to join the Dogs on a four-year deal after being told he was free to explore his options after Round 23.

Saints coach Brett Ratten has since denied suggestions the club was keen to move him on, but Bruce has told friends he is being pushed out. The Dogs also believe he was told to find a new home, 12 months after some inside Moorabbin looked at ways to move him on.

Jones has nominated the Saints as his preferred destination, while Keath intends to sign a three-year deal (with a trigger for a fourth season) if and when a trade is orchestrated.

THE TRADE PROPOSAL

Sydney Swans —
Receives: Pick 28 | Loses: Zak Jones

St Kilda — Receives: Zak Jones | Loses Josh Bruce

Western Bulldogs — Receives: Alex Keath, Josh Bruce and Pick 23 | Loses: Picks 13, 32 and 51

Adelaide — Receives Picks 13, 32 and 51 | Loses: Picks 23, 28 and Alex Keath
So if this is true (ie other clubs OK with it) then it's a good sign. It wpuld mean Saints are OK with 28 for Bruce. So give them 32 and a third then. The other 2 x 3rds should be plenty for Keath

Mofra you mentioned in another thread about sliding from 13 to 18. The article outlining the four club deal mentioned it too. How does that trade look? What else are we sending, what else are we getting?

Saints have 18 and Bruce which is too much for 13 and 13 might be more than Saints are willing to pay for a Howard/Ryder package.

In apparently a quite even draft after the first two, I’m kinda confused and annoyed at our stubbornness with pick 13. Why does this club constantly feel the need to make me panic and worry? Can’t we just do simple trades and hold a lead for a season or two? Just try it Dogs, see how it goes. Your fans will love you for it.
13 and 32 for Bruce and 18 is what has been mentioned on here.

I doubt our chances of getting something done with Port. They MIGHT be interested in a bunch of our later picks since it will pay for the Mead bid, and allow them to try trade up with another club. Helps the Saints too, by removing the need to pay for Howard with a 1st rounder
Yeah I don't see how they could help with the deadlock. 10, 29, 66, 67, 68 are their picks. So unless we are trying to get them involved in a multi team deal, or have an eye on one of their players. Cannot see how they help us much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back