Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 4 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Off field issues will scare us
I think there is a false narrative perpetuated in these boards about the no DH policy.

Firstly it was a McCartney comment not Bev

Secondly the main issue with players is not so much what they do off the field, their behaviour is only an issue if it is impacting the playing group, rightfully so.

I think there is a false narrative perpetuated in these boards about the no DH policy.

Secondly the main issue with players is not so much what they do off the field, their behaviour is only an issue if it is impacting the playing group, rightfully so.
Betting on games you're playing in is a pretty big deal. Afl swept it under the rug but it's 100% spot fixing at best.

But I'd still take him 100%

Last edited:

I think the major thing that stopped Stephenson this year was was the glandular fever he had in pre season which seen him lose 10kg and lots of conditioning.
While the gambling stuff was very stupid I'd say it was more an isolated incident, wouldn't exactly call him a dickhead. I did alot of dumb crap in my 20s aswell.

Surely a three year deal for daniher won't get Essendon a first round compo?

AFL will bend the rules to make sure they get one, otherwise the Essendon AFL media will be out to get them...

AFL are as corrupt as they come when it comes to this stuff....

There was an article a while back on how Stephenson is basically a non entity in matches outside of first quarters. The stats that backed it up were quite staggering if I recall correctly.
Don't know if it's conditioning, heart related or something else but we'd want to do our due diligence.
Really I'd be careful with any of the players Collingwood are trying to push considering some of the players they're keeping on their list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out: Pick 12 and dale
In pick 35, 38 & stephenson?

Would much prefer Dale to Stephenson.Dale when fully fit is a huge talent and capable of doing some real damage. Way overs for a player who is fragile and needs to put on 10 kegs. Dale gets bagged for not being hard enough , but hey - let’s replace him with Stephenson, who has been relentlessly bagged for being soft.

Dale just needs a good pre season and an uninterrupted run. If we trade him we will see him thrive elsewhere and wonder why we let him go.

Maybe I rate him too highly - but he is the next Williams in my opinion - is capable of a major jump in performance

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

would take Stephenson in a heartbeat at the right price. Couldn't care less about the off-field issues. If we don't have faith we can give a clearly talented 21yo the environment to thrive then we've got bigger issues

Hearing that Dunkley is staying and we can expect an announcement of a contract extension soon...
Stay tuned

Farrrk...that would be brilliant. Been getting smashed by Ess nuffies all week. Do you have anything on the rumour that Bretty Sutton will be taking over as Ess Club Doctor?

Typical Mods, no sense of humour. I'll just have to post a mountain of sh1t-stirring to get this new thread to 1,000 pages. Maybe Scrag can combine his erotic fiction with trade speculation? "Oh my, Essendon, what a big Dodo you have!" I'm not going to touch any big American Cox jokes though!

Saw a great trade suggestion on the fox q&a. Was Dunkley to Essendon, Saad to Carlton and Kreuzer to the dogs. Maybe we could get Carlton to throw in Gibbs as well. 😜
Matthew Kreuzer, Andrew Carrazzo, Chris Judd and Cain Ackland yes please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back