Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 5 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bevo is taking the P155 now. Recalls Martin for ruck support but leaves out Schach who kicked 7 and can support ruck with Timmy. Martin is terrible in the fwd line and only kicked two in the 2s because everyone forward of centre kicked a goal. Agree Keath needed to be dropped.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Bevo is taking the P155 now. Recalls Martin for ruck support but leaves out Schach who kicked 7 and can support ruck with Timmy. Martin is terrible in the fwd line and only kicked two in the 2s because everyone forward of centre kicked a goal. Agree Keath needed to be dropped.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Might be his farewell game.

English is not playing forward-ruck for us ever again. Somehow has the wood over the entire club that he must be 90% ruck, 5 % floating forward and 5% bench despite never proving capable of being a top grade tap ruckman.

English is not playing forward-ruck for us ever again. Somehow has the wood over the entire club that he must be 90% ruck, 5 % floating forward and 5% bench despite never proving capable of being a top grade tap ruckman.
He's paid to play wherever the fcuk we need him. He'll suck it up and do what's best for the team. They all will.

Martin in backs up what I wrote an hour ago about English. I was so annoyed at seeing Bont, Libba and Macrae made to look like witches hats at the centre bounce as Darcy put it on a platter to Freo’s mids giving them frontal exits.

English has a couple of brilliant games, a handful of okay games and whole lot of average games every year. Those brilliant games are fine when you’re under 24 and gets everyone excited. But he’s 25 now and needs to put up a whole season worth of quality, otherwise we need to move on and re-plan the list management strategy.

He's paid to play wherever the fcuk we need him. He'll suck it up and do what's best for the team. They all will.
Except he doesn’t and the team picked each week reflects this. Even this week he’ll be in the pine whenever Stef rucks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We win most games with English & Martin I’d say it’s 80%? Happy to be proven wrong on exact figures but it’s definitely more weighed in the positive

Schache is a pea heart VFL player at best let’s not lose sleep over him not being picked pls he’s had his chances

We win most games with English & Martin I’d say it’s 80%? Happy to be proven wrong on exact figures but it’s definitely more weighed in the positive

Schache is a pea heart VFL player at best let’s not lose sleep over him not being picked pls he’s had his chances

7-1 with the only loss being the GF. We have not played them both this year though.

Martin's form over the last few weeks was deserving of a call up. It's very cynical to assume this is some kind of undeserved farewell game. He's the best ruck on our list in terms of actual ruck craft and hitouts. He also has the big body to crash packs and take some heat off Naughton. Don't let the Cult of Sweet fool you; Martin is a good selection.

Martin's form over the last few weeks was deserving of a call up. It's very cynical to assume this is some kind of undeserved farewell game. He's the best ruck on our list in terms of actual ruck craft and hitouts. He also has the big body to crash packs and take some heat off Naughton. Don't let the Cult of Sweet fool you; Martin is a good selection.
Exactly. People have been crying out for 2 rucks and here it is. Martin is undoubtedly a better player than Sweet right now. There’s a argument for playing Sweet when you take the future into consideration but in terms of this weekends game I back this selection.

I do genuinely hope we see English & Martin in a 50/50 or 60/40 partnership rather than plonking Martin deep forward to struggle.

Yeah I understand the development of Sweet but you can’t both call for selection integrity and also call for Sweet to play ahead of Martin.

Schache not playing is disappointing but I can only assume he’s on the move, in which case I welcome him not playing (not a spite thing, we just need to do what’s best for us).

Lachie Hunter being in was a surprise. Wasn’t even an emergency last week if I remember correctly.

Garcia out is a bit annoying as well but he’s been fairly quiet so I get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back