Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 5 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I look at Dunks and try to compare him in value to the team to the equivalent past players...
He's not at the level of a Tony McGuiness when he left for Adelaide, He's definitely not at the level of a Nathan Brown who left for Richmond - that really hurt, He's probably more at the level of a Callan Ward who left for GWS and that is probably being generous to Dunks...
Take the best pick available in a trade and move on. SP will turn this into a win for us. It's time to spread our talent base to the pointy ends of the ground and this is an opportunity to do that and all the moves the club is making suggest that is the aim. Exciting times!
I think the Ward comparison is pretty spot on.

I don’t think anyone here wants to lose him but ultimately the return we’ll get presents some exciting opportunities.

I look at Dunks and try to compare him in value to the team to the equivalent past players...
He's not at the level of a Tony McGuiness when he left for Adelaide, He's definitely not at the level of a Nathan Brown who left for Richmond - that really hurt, He's probably more at the level of a Callan Ward who left for GWS and that is probably being generous to Dunks...
Take the best pick available in a trade and move on. SP will turn this into a win for us. It's time to spread our talent base to the pointy ends of the ground and this is an opportunity to do that and all the moves the club is making suggest that is the aim. Exciting times!
Got any idea where he could be headed mate?

I think the Ward comparison is pretty spot on.

I don’t think anyone where wants to lose him but ultimately the return we’ll get presents some exciting opportunities.
The port trade would be straight forward with pick 8.

Brisbane would be interesting and exciting. We have a opportunity to add a player in an area we need.

Lohmann please.

It’s hard to see where he fits in we get Lobb. If you move Naughton back, a forward line of Lobb, Darcy and Marra would apply very little pressure.

I suspect next year he might play an intercepting 3rd defender role with Jones/ Keath/ Gardner fighting over the other 2 key defender spots

Agree - a guy whose best year is a dud year for Naughton or Bruce is not what we need and his ruck work is not great at all.

Would much rather develop Darcy and use all our draft/trade capital to either:

- get higher end kids - a KPD and burst or big midfielder to replace Dunkley like Bailey Humphrey and Hayes or Busslington and Phillipou and then still have a pick at 30 and another under 50 to get a ruck and small forward. Stronger in the future but little difference now.

Or

- as per previous posts throw the kitchen sink at a top 10 KPD. And get someone like Logue or Gardiner as a 3rd KPD. This makes us much better now.

If we lose JJ and possibly Schache to trade - the Jones compo wipes one but will get something for the other.

When contending the idea is to get one-two top liners to help you take the next step - not think to far ahead - time is now.

If we start next year like this we are contenders - if we get one more best 22 defender so I don’t think we need to panic but if injuries we will be stiff if we get more injuries to the oldies - this year injuries to Keath and Duryea were major reasons why our defence dropped off and really effected players like Daniel who were not get break out passes from defensive marks - previously our attack from defence was fantastic but it requires winning the ball at the HB line.

West Bruce JUH

García Naughton Weightman

Hunter Macrae Smith

Logue Jones Dale

Richards Keath Duryea

English Bont Libba

McLean-Darcy-Daniel-Trelor

Side looks pretty good but need to deal with injuries:

Ruck - only have Sweet who seems ok but clearly not impressing Bevo and crew. Sam Naismith is out of contract and is good. Soldo is gettable as is Meek from Freo - expect a lot of movement of rucks that we should be part of.

KPF - need Schache if not the TOB (assuming he can’t come good as a 3KPD). Who will be our VFL forward? Need a couple of kids.

KPD - Gardner/Cordy - not bad and both will continue to develop. Not so much about quantity now but quality.

Inside mid - West/Garcia go in and VDM/McNeil goes forward but neither have a lot of size to get 25 poss+ and 10+contested. This year we suffered a bit with Bont’s injuries but Dunk stood up and took the load - unfortunately his disposal isn’t great and this appear to have a flow on effect on Macrae who went from 30 possessions per week to dropping off. Would look at someone like Gould from the Swans - playing back but a big fella with great hands.

Small forward we could pick up Ben Ronke or Lewis Taylor (killing it in VFL) and has spunk.

Small Defender - only really Scott as a makeshift we really dropped when Duryea was out. I would go fro Liam Stocker now - wanted him before and is not delisted. Has played some great defensive games and is hard as a cats head.

Time to get some fresh talent through the door. Doesn’t take long for a list to go stale.

Agree - a guy whose best year is a dud year for Naughton or Bruce is not what we need and his ruck work is not great at all.

Would much rather develop Darcy and use all our draft/trade capital to either
Darcy is a pup with a couple of games to his name - Lobb is arguably the best forward/r2 in the competition right now.
Two years of Lobb as Darcy develops will be perfect. Naughton can't do it all himself, Marra is a kid and Bruce looks cooked

Really wanted Dunkley the footballer to stay, I'm done with Dunkley the bloke. He's not slagging the club off publicly and doubt he is privately, reality is though there are 3 different clubs in 2 years he's been prepared to join and playing the family card is just a flat out lie, he's selling himself to highest bidder. Would have more respect for him if he was honest and said he's looking to maximise his earnings in a limited career.

Very good player, who will fail to get right to the top because of his dodgey kick, but is replaceable. Use the draft capital in return to invest in the backline and move on.

Overpaying for Lobb will be a disaster. I really didn’t like his agents comments that giving up Lobb could help get them Jackson.
I don’t agree with overpaying either.
I just pointed out the humour in no contract Dunkley flog, contracted Lobb ok, Bell douche, Power beast mode. All based on who we support lol.

The trade stuff is fun though, it’s like a whole new sport, and the fans seem to love it.
“Tell me now Dunkley, I must know” haha it’s great.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dunks is not slagging the club off.

People getting a bit too carried away on here
It’s pretty funny. Open season for sure, with nothing off limits.

I also know where your Avatar comes from, big tick.
If I met Dunks I’d simply just approve of what is in with all the kids these days.

I didn't say he's going to stay.

I just don't think it's good form to dump on the bloke until we know what's really going on.

The lynch mob is out a bit early for mine.

I honestly wish we had got rid of Dunkley two years ago to Essendon. Simple as that. If you're not committed to the club, p*** off.

It’s pretty funny. Open season for sure, with nothing off limits.

I also know where your Avatar comes from, big tick.
If I met Dunks I’d simply just approve of what is in with all the kids these days.

Got tix to see them at the Good Things music festival in Dec. cannot wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back