Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 5 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
why do we have a shortage of coaches? are we not making enough profit to afford them? serious question if anybody can answer any other reasons maybe? thanks in advance
People on here are saying Bevo’s high salary, but no one has any concrete evidence of this.

We had promoted from within for our senior assistant coach role, but he got poached by Carlton with a better offer, leaving us high and dry before the season started.

Someone on here mentioned we have a lot of interest from credential adistant coaches, but what we were offering was not competitive.

Finally, I just hope we are not funnelling all our monies into our redevelopment and starving the football department, like Melbourne did with their debt reduction.

It hasn't worked because we have weak leaders.
And it will continue to happen until we have strong ones.

We keep throwing out good sometimes premiership players for "culture" reasons. We devalue them and get nowhere near market value. And supporters like yourself eat up all the "culture" talk but ignore the fact that we keep doing the same thing over and over again.

Hunter is the symptom not the disease.
Cutting Hunter is akin to cutting Stringer, which is akin to continually giving morphine to a person who has done an ACL. Yeah it might help for a while but you need to address the underlying issue. We have piss poor leaders and that comes from the top.
Bring back Murph and Moyd!

Didn't Hawthorn win like four flags during the time they were being systematically racist?
What about Richmond and their antics in and out of the hubs?

The culture excuse is bull. Most dynasties aren't built by angels. If Lachie was good enough to play in our final then he's good enough to play. You back your leaders to keep him in line during the season and move on.
I agree, Stevie J, certainly had issues through Geelong‘s successful period.

Buddy through both the Hawks and Swans periods as well.
The things I saw and heard about...

I guess the harsh reality is that in any pro sports league, the tolerance for shithousery is very much related to how good you are.

Buddy is an all time player so they will put up with anything.

We put up with 2015 Stringer but after 2016 and 2017 we decided he wasn’t good enough to justify dealing with.

If all this is true we’ve decided that Hunter isn’t good enough to warrant putting up with his issues. Clearly though these standards differ, and some clubs would back themselves in to ‘right’ troubled players when their current club has had enough.

I say it every year, and always get sucked in. But this year I mean it. I AM NOT going to listen to trade radio!!
I say this every year.

Dont fall for Craig Hutchinson's ploy of selling god awful ads to people desperate for trade news that doesn't exist.

Its just hours and hours of trying to re-animate of the corpse of Matt Rendells career. Something that that nobody ever asked for. Ridiculous puffery and idiotic hypotheticals that would make a big footy trade expert blush.
Assuming we enter the year with Keath, Cordy, Gardner, Jones, O'Brien, Darcy, and Tomlinson - what's everyone's preferred KPD setup?
Steven May. Jake Lever and Harrison Petty.

Last edited:
I say this every year.

Dont fall for Craig Hutchinson's ploy of selling god awful ads to people desperate for trade news that doesn't exist.

Its just hours and hours of trying too re-animate of the corpse of Matt Rendells career that nobody asked for. Ridiculous puffery and hypotheticals that would make a big footy trade expert blush.

Steven May. Jake Lever and Harrison Petty.

Spot on. It's complete trash. Got sucked in early days but haven't listened for at least three or four years now. No wonder Rendell hasn't lasted at clubs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People on here are saying Bevo’s high salary, but no one has any concrete evidence of this.

We had promoted from within for our senior assistant coach role, but he got poached by Carlton with a better offer, leaving us high and dry before the season started.

Someone on here mentioned we have a lot of interest from credential adistant coaches, but what we were offering was not competitive.

Finally, I just hope we are not funnelling all our monies into our redevelopment and starving the football department, like Melbourne did with their debt reduction.
Bevo’s salary is an absolute myth. There was an article earlier this year about the highest paid coaches in the game, Bevo didn’t even get a mention. Top of the list was Longmire and Sydney can still afford very highly rated and experienced assistants

Maybe Cats-bound? He's approaching the age demographic they work in, and Higgins already gone, plus possibly a few other retirees. If his off-field issues are as bad as some claim, he might be better getting out of Melbourne.
Would be a good outcome for us as the Cats could afford his contract...because they don't seem to have one!!

Lachie Hunter is no certainty to be at the Western Bulldogs next year.

Hunter has two years to run on the five-year deal he signed in 2019, but there is a chance he could be playing elsewhere in 2023.

While Hunter’s recent exit meeting was said to be positive, the 27-year old is weighing up whether to seek a fresh start.

It remains unclear whether the Dogs would – or could – engineer a trade.

A father-son pick in 2012 and a premiership player in 2016; the wingman has endured a challenging past few years at Whitten Oval.

He was left out of the senior side in the Dogs’ season-opener against Melbourne and made the medi-sub, but played from the opening bounce after Jason Johannisen was injured in the warm-up.

Hunter then took indefinite leave a month later to deal with personal issues and didn’t return to the senior side until Round 16.

He featured only 10 times this year – the same amount of games as the 2020 season in which he lost the vice-captaincy and was suspended for four games for a drink-driving offence.

The Western Bulldogs will lose Josh Dunkley to Brisbane in the upcoming exchange window, while Johannisen, Josh Schache and Zaine Cordy are assessing their options.

The Dogs will welcome Liam Jones back to the club, while trying to satisfy Fremantle in a trade for Rory Lobb.

I guess the harsh reality is that in any pro sports league, the tolerance for shithousery is very much related to how good you are.

Buddy is an all time player so they will put up with anything.

We put up with 2015 Stringer but after 2016 and 2017 we decided he wasn’t good enough to justify dealing with.

If all this is true we’ve decided that Hunter isn’t good enough to warrant putting up with his issues. Clearly though these standards differ, and some clubs would back themselves in to ‘right’ troubled players when their current club has had enough

Perhaps the fact we lost Dunks in part because of Hunter has forced their hand. I don’t think the players were upset of Hunters behaviour, but how there were no consequence, he didn’t miss games etc as opposed to those who were working their backsides off.
I also know that clubs protect their stars i.e Carlton with Fevola.

Hunter has two years to run on the five-year deal he signed in 2019, but there is a chance he could be playing elsewhere in 2023.

While Hunter’s recent exit meeting was said to be positive, the 27-year old is weighing up whether to seek a fresh start.

A father-son pick in 2012 and a premiership player in 2016; the wingman has endured a challenging past few years at Whitten Oval.

He was left out of the senior side in the Dogs’ season-opener against Melbourne and made the medi-sub, but played from the opening bounce after Jason Johannisen was injured in the warm-up.

Hunter then took indefinite leave a month later to deal with personal issues and didn’t return to the senior side until Round 16.

He featured only 10 times this year – the same amount of games as the 2020 season in which he lost the vice-captaincy and was suspended for four games for a drink-driving offence.

The Western Bulldogs will lose Josh Dunkley to Brisbane in the upcoming exchange window, while Johannisen, Josh Schache and Zaine Cordy are assessing their options.

The Dogs will welcome Liam Jones back to the club, while trying to satisfy Fremantle in a trade for Rory Lobb.

Edmund reading BF confirmed

Edmund reading BF confirmed

Hi Sam !!!!!

Tom Hanks Hello GIF

Sounds like we have learnt our lesson from when we booted Jake out the door. Good work Dogs.

So Smiley Boy is Sam Edmund?! o_O

Brings back memories of staphy, and eerily similar posting to Mark Stevens. :laughv1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back