Trade/Delistings/List Management 2010 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Travis Boak -> Essendon?

I can't see a deal that would occur between Port and Essendon that both would be happy with. Port have taken duds, but only with third round plus draft picks, never with first round draft picks.

Port have good young KPP's player coming through in the backline and the forward line as well with some blokes in the SANFL in Stewart and Salter that they would be very happy with. Their real weakness at the moment is in the ruck and I don't see anyone on our list apart from Ryder who would fulfill their needs. God forbid that to happen, Windy Hill would be burnt down.

Our only chance would be for Boak to be adamant he is coming to Essendon, forcing Port to make a deal and not lose him for nothing.

Or he could just nominate in the pre season draft and could refuse to do a medical with Richmond and Adelaide so Essendon can get him.

Only collingwood does that .:p

Hilarious thread.

Ever heard of a player manger increasing his clients price ? How often, every season do we hear player x is going home ? Matthew Pavlich has been returning to Adelaide the last 7 years hasn't he ? Steven Salopek has been linked to a return to Melbourne the last 4 years.....Kurt Tippett was apparently signing with the Gold Coast. Heck, Ryan Griffen is apparently coming to Port Adelaide next season.

Outrageous and a complete media build up if I've ever heard one. Keep up the hypothetical scenarios though.......its fascinating reading.

Nothing but if you thing we are getting Boak for a bag of chips think again. We have to give something up. I'd rather give them something we have abundance of. Reimers and Zaka we can replace anyway.

You are missing the point - You say that we have an abundance of midfielders - I can assure you that we wouldn't chase Boak unless the Coaching/Recruitment department felt we had gaps in the midfield. It's like we wouldn't trade for a KP because we are well stocked in this area. So I would be surprised if we gave up a midfielder for Boak as well as the mandatory first round draft pick.

Expect compettion to get Boak - especially from the Blue and White hoops, who rate him highly.

An interesting discussion.

Boak has displayed attributes that indicate he may be may become an A Grade Midfielder - I am not 100% convinced yet.

I know its only early but i thinK that Hartlett may end up a better player than Boak.

Hilarious thread.

Ever heard of a player manger increasing his clients price ? How often, every season do we hear player x is going home ? Matthew Pavlich has been returning to Adelaide the last 7 years hasn't he ? Steven Salopek has been linked to a return to Melbourne the last 4 years.....Kurt Tippett was apparently signing with the Gold Coast. Heck, Ryan Griffen is apparently coming to Port Adelaide next season.

Outrageous and a complete media build up if I've ever heard one. Keep up the hypothetical scenarios though.......its fascinating reading.
Mate, don't you know? If something gets discussed on BF it's a dead certainty to happen. BL on losing Boak for Jarrod Atkinson and a 6th round pick.

Hilarious thread.

Don't think anybody's buying it, but rather entertaining ourselves at the off chance. :p

Nah yer should stop all this talk... only thing thats gonna come out of it is poor Zaka, Ryder and all the other names getting thrown up getting pissed off and asked to be traded..Bradshaw style. :p

IMO, Ryder no freaking way.. important to our side and hes like the face of Essendon this year, so they would never trade him.
Geez you lot, Paddy has a few off games at the start of the year and we wanna get rid of him already?? Kid is a star. :thumbsu:

Hypothetically tho.. would Port want our 1st, 2nd, 3rd.. all our picks for Boak? that trade Id be happy with, not expecting much from the draft to be honest..

Hilarious thread.

Essendon probably won't beat Port Adelaide tomorrow.

I guess we shouldn't bother speaking about the match on this board then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LMAO, do you guys realise anytime Port seems to play an important game interstate newspaper articles like this seem to emerge?

He ain't going anywhere.

No coincedence its against the team he's playing too :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I can recall countless times this has happened.

Me thinks a bit of fear is creeping over the border that Port is starting to get things back on track again....

News flash - Articles about Essendon Football Club end up on the Essendon board.

My guess is, you just read the thread title and not the thread. You will note if you had of read the thread that no one is taking the possibility of Boak leaving PAFC seriously, much less coming to Essendon.

What it has done is led to a discussion on what we as Essendon supporters would give up for Boak. I know a discussion is an interesting think to take place on a discussion board, you'll have to excuse us for that.

We as Essendon supporters, have emotional attachments to our players, some good, some bad, just like you do as a PAFC supporter. Chances are that leads to us overstating the value of our players. Not because we think someone like Angus Monfries is a superstar, but because we've seen him grow and we kinda like the kid.

The article, which I'm also tipping you didn't read, didn't just mention Essendon, so there is no coincedence, other than the fact that an Essendon supporter saw we were mentioned put it up for discussion. Again, strange concept on a discussion board, I know.

It's fantasy, not to be taken seriously. I don't expect to see Buddy, Brown and Pavlich run out in the same forward line, but I have them in my Dream Team.

There's some Port people here (on our board) taking things just a little too seriously.

News flash - Articles about Essendon Football Club end up on the Essendon board.

My guess is, you just read the thread title and not the thread. You will note if you had of read the thread that no one is taking the possibility of Boak leaving PAFC seriously, much less coming to Essendon.

What it has done is led to a discussion on what we as Essendon supporters would give up for Boak. I know a discussion is an interesting think to take place on a discussion board, you'll have to excuse us for that.

We as Essendon supporters, have emotional attachments to our players, some good, some bad, just like you do as a PAFC supporter. Chances are that leads to us overstating the value of our players. Not because we think someone like Angus Monfries is a superstar, but because we've seen him grow and we kinda like the kid.

The article, which I'm also tipping you didn't read, didn't just mention Essendon, so there is no coincedence, other than the fact that an Essendon supporter saw we were mentioned put it up for discussion. Again, strange concept on a discussion board, I know.

It's fantasy, not to be taken seriously. I don't expect to see Buddy, Brown and Pavlich run out in the same forward line, but I have them in my Dream Team.

There's some Port people here (on our board) taking things just a little too seriously.

A fair few people believe everything they read.

I'm just saying purely this sort of article comes out in the media in important games for us quite often.

I can recall articles about team disharmouny leading into a game vs Collingwood in 04, we went on to win the flag then.... It's happened 100s of times.

And naturally when two Victorians are dominating for Port lately, like Gray and Boak, people sit up and take notice.

Ironic that no-one interstate rated Gray before hand as big as Port people do too....

As was mentioned on footy classified, Vic media don't get a chance to see interstate teams play as reguarly, as such they have NFI about them.

After we gave them Wanganeen for FA in return, they owe us big.

Give them Bock and a 5th rounder.

we did get pick #2 as compensation... which was quite handy since we lost our first round picks due to salary cap breaches that year :)

Boak for Houli, Prizz and Myers
and if they dont want one of those players switch for a rd1 pick
It is worth it IMO

i'm sitting here, shaking my head, wondering why everyone is drooling over this bloke?

imo, he's a long way off proving himself. is it because he's the only 'big name' left out of contract now that people are even talking about him?

You're the only one who did that. Longy's post was fairly clear.
The one that says Boak has much of a higher trade value than Monfries? I agreed from the outset. I don't agree with the Reimers, Melksham and Zaharakis comments but that's opinion as already discussed.

That was fairly clear and there's no need for brownie points.

Spot on.
Ironic that no-one interstate rated Gray before hand as big as Port people do too...
How is that ironic?

Also, I've been a big fan of Gray for years. If you want to play that game, I was probably a fan before you were, as I had people in-the-know telling me he'd be a star long before his debut.

What's the point? Beats me.

Spot on.How is that ironic?

Also, I've been a big fan of Gray for years. If you want to play that game, I was probably a fan before you were, as I had people in-the-know telling me he'd be a star long before his debut.

What's the point? Beats me.

I'm with you Whomb. Whilst the Port Adelaide equivalents might not garner as much attention as Victorian counterparts good footballers are genuinely recognised no matter where they play. There's exceptions to the rule but that's generally the way it is. A player might not receive as much recognition as he deserves but I doubt it matters in terms of real value.

The one issue where players are unknown commodities across other clubs is the juniors coming through the state leagues upon debut etc. Let's be honest.. who is expected to know much about those kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back