List Mgmt. Trade/Draft/Targets rumours 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edwards still hasn't re-signed yet has he?
Houli actually signed last week but it was not announced and i would say that Edwards would be similar or they are waiting on a player we may have our eyes on to structure it accordingly. Houli also signed for less than what people may think

Not a fan of SPP but we need to trust the club. We haven’t put a foot wrong since Balme got here. I’d back our culture and system in to get the best out of him. We’re also in a position to roll the dice on these types of players.
We also have a very strong indigenous program. Cant say im much of a fan from what hes showed so far especially with maturity but if we were to take the risk then id be behind the club to turn his attitude around.

Going to be an interesting off-season as it always is.

Considering next year we will have Ross & Rcd being better with a full preseason of development pushing for games as well as our current best 22 playing
Just where how do we see SPP fitting into our lineup ?

The only role i could see him being of benefit to Richmond is with his size he becomes a tagger but the thing is in our gameplan we dont tag.
cant see how he fits and hope it doesnt happen and essendon take him.

Stringer & SPP wow what a combination lol

Considering next year we will have Ross & Rcd being better with a full preseason of development pushing for games as well as our current best 22 playing

The only role i could see him being of benefit to Richmond is with his size he becomes a tagger but the thing is in our gameplan we dont tag.

Agree regarding Ross, from the glimpses he's shown in a few games he's already ahead of SPP.

Not sold on RCD though, may need another year or two to be at the level.

Agree regarding Ross, from the glimpses he's shown in a few games he's already ahead of SPP.

Not sold on RCD though, may need another year or two to be at the level.

In 2020 he will have a full pre season under his belt and a better tank as well as a better understanding of our game style ,His main issue is he cant get any outside ball and is predominantly an inside player but needs a bigger tank and strength. In 6-18 months he will be ready

Very similar to patrick cripps who grew 10 cm in his draft year 2013 and only played 3 games in 2014 (cripps 1st year at carlton)
in that 3 games Cripps averaged 9 touches a game at 55% de. Which is about what RCD would get if played this year but we are not in carltons position of 2014 and can develop this kid through the vfl.

Not saying he will be as good as cripps but they are on a very familiar journey in regards to physical attributes and position they play as well as the style of player they are. I wont say 2020 but i would be confident that in 2021 he will average 20+ touches a game and 4-5 tackles at AFL level

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's an inside mid. Port have too many of the same type and he has been pushed forward more, which doesn't suit.

If we got him it'd be to free up Cotch from doing the grunt work in the guts.

Maybe one for the unpopular opinion thread.

I like SPP. Think with our culture we can turn him around. He wont cost as much as Crouch trade wise or salary wise but IMO if knuckles down with a no nonsense attitude at a strong club like ours he has the potential to hurt you more than Crouch.

Get it done I say.

He's an inside mid. Port have too many of the same type and he has been pushed forward more, which doesn't suit.

If we got him it'd be to free up Cotch from doing the grunt work in the guts.
If we can bring in anyone that can keep Dusty forward for longer im all for it. Reckon we have that in the VFL side though with Ross

He plays on ball and Dustin becomes our first 100 goals in a year player for a very long time. Easy!

Maybe one for the unpopular opinion thread.

I like SPP. Think with our culture we can turn him around. He wont cost as much as Crouch trade wise or salary wise but IMO if knuckles down with a no nonsense attitude at a strong club like ours he has the potential to hurt you more than Crouch.

Get it done I say.

Club can only take on so many blokes in hopes of turning them around

Once you start to get more than one or two blokes that need help in that department it can easily go the other way because they become bad influences on each other and before you know it we would have entire culture shift on our hands

Why take the risk

I mentionedSPP last podcast and the one before that as a alternate target, as I said back then we are shaking the tree. Will know more Tuesday

hurry up tuesday!!!!! although i do love how all us richmond supporters are still hanging out for the trade period like our side is still s***! As they say, old habits are hard to break

Club can only take on so many blokes in hopes of turning them around

Once you start to get more than one or two blokes that need help in that department it can easily go the other way because they become bad influences on each other and before you know it we would have entire culture shift on our hands

Why take the risk
Who “needs help” though? Stack and Pickett? From all reports, Stack has been nothing short of exemplary in his first season, and if anything, has strengthened our culture. All opposition club list managers would be kicking themselves right now. Pickett also turned his life around a long time ago. He has a wife and children now. Plus he’s nearly 28. Who else is there? Dusty?

Who “needs help” though? Stack and Pickett? From all reports, Stack has been nothing short of exemplary in his first season, and if anything, has strengthened our culture. All opposition club list managers would be kicking themselves right now. Pickett also turned his life around a long time ago. He has a wife and children now. Plus he’s nearly 28. Who else is there? Dusty?

Just because things aren’t public or “known” dosent mean there aren’t issues

Before yesterday could anyone of said w Rioli had issues with illicit drugs

Who knows what every single player may be dealing with
Stack has already missed a few games this year due to disciplinary issues and he’s obviously still got things to work on in that department the last thing we need is others around to put more temptations around him

Just because things aren’t public or “known” dosent mean there aren’t issues

Before yesterday could anyone of said w Rioli had issues with illicit drugs

Who knows what every single player may be dealing with
Stack has already missed a few games this year due to disciplinary issues and he’s obviously still got things to work on in that department the last thing we need is others around to put more temptations around him
Really? News to me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back