List Mgmt. Trade & Draft UltraThread- Warning, May Contain Speculation #combinethethreads

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And you think one player can just fix the whole team? Would help but we have issues deeper than that.

yeo and shuey are plying well but then that’s it in midfield. Redden was asleep entire night. Sheed was good but inconsistent. Gaff is a finisher. When team is under pressure he is a bit of a liability. But that’s the nature of the light wingers

It was the way the Dees used Hunt, Harmes and Oliver to slice open the corridor, and our mids couldn't go with them. Kelly wouldn't fix all of that problem, but he would certainly help. Reddog, Hutchings and Gaffy don't have any pace to match it.

Any opinions here on Cody Leggett?

Has nominated for the mid-season draft: 22 years old, 188cm, 93kg inside midfielder averaging 20 disposals and 10 tackles per game for Perth this season, backing up a breakout year in 2018.

Could be handy depth in our lightest area. Surely would offer more value to the squad than many currently on the list who are headed for delisting at the end of the season.

I think we really need to move it forward more quickly. We have the marking power one-on-one if we get it there before the double/triple team on JK and JD happens. We also need to keep those two apart. Maybe fine them if they ever get withing 20m of each other.
We also have the dangerous smalls if it goes to ground. And Ryan, Petrucelle and Rioli are at worst, not slow.
Just need it in there before the flood gets back.

Our mids are slow. That's our biggest weakness at the moment. Less slow than when we had Pridda and Mitchell, but slow nonetheless. We have to injest some pace and assist out by faster forward movement.

We have to injest some pace and assist out by faster forward movement.
769d3845-1adf-47e1-b51c-a7164480fa8e_1.a13adc1c3f6edd7cfb85341e895fbd57.jpeg

I think we really need to move it forward more quickly. We have the marking power one-on-one if we get it there before the double/triple team on JK and JD happens. We also need to keep those two apart. Maybe fine them if they ever get withing 20m of each other.
We also have the dangerous smalls if it goes to ground. And Ryan, Petrucelle and Rioli are at worst, not slow.

Our mids are slow. That's our biggest weakness at the moment. Less slow than when we had Pridda and Mitchell, but slow nonetheless. We have to injest some pace and assist out by faster forward movement.

Spot on. I have been advocating more pace in the midfield for a few weeks now, but not sure where it's going to come from ~ Ah Chee. It's a shame Cameron is not a year further into his development.

The opposition flood is in place directly after the bounce

The opposition flood is in place directly after the bounce
Only if we are in possession, which, let's be honest, isn't happening that much from the ruck.
It would be a little counter-productive if the opposition tactic was... ball is bounced, let's all run into defence and double team Kennedy.

Watch closely and you will see it is.
A few of us have been watching for five weeks now.
Stands out when you are looking for it.

Had Patrick Cripps drop in for an Auskick session at the local jnr club last night. My son floated the idea of him coming over to play for the Eagles, sorry to say Cripps wasn't particularly receptive. Top bloke with how he worked with all the kids though!

Cripps has made it clear he is determined to stick fat and do the hard yards with the Blues. Not chase a flag by changing clubs.

I like and respect that!

Spot on. I have been advocating more pace in the midfield for a few weeks now, but not sure where it's going to come from ~ Ah Chee. It's a shame Cameron is not a year further into his development.

It will come from Petro, Rioli and to a lessor extent Ryan. All play the high hf role.

Inside we will be looking at O'Niel and then Kelly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ah chee isnt fast
Sheed is slow in footspeed and also decision making
Redden is really slow
Other than those 2 we arent too bad

I hear zaharakis is best mates with shuey..

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I know there’s been plenty of talk about trying to get Jack Martin back to WA from Gold Coast but I’d rather we had a crack at Wil Powell.

Shown some really good attributes in the few Gold Coast games I’ve seen this year. Still raw but a few pre-seasons in the gym and he could be a player

I know there’s been plenty of talk about trying to get Jack Martin back to WA from Gold Coast but I’d rather we had a crack at Wil Powell.

Shown some really good attributes in the few Gold Coast games I’ve seen this year. Still raw but a few pre-seasons in the gym and he could be a player

Wants to stay at GC for as long as they'll have him ...hoping to extend past his 2021 contract . Powell was Boarman I think .

Need to select the best Geelong/Vic talent available in the mid season draft. Play them all year and make them look good, then send them back as the steak knives for kelly. We need the currency!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Kelly is out of contract end of year with strong probability of listing WCE his destination club..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Cripps has made it clear he is determined to stick fat and do the hard yards with the Blues. Not chase a flag by changing clubs.

I like and respect that!

Cripps really should talk to someone like Pavlich before he decides on his next contract. Get the perspective from a player who could have easily moved clubs for a better chance at premiership success and decided to stay loyal, to no avail.

Much like Pav, Cripps can probably write whatever number he likes in the Carlton chequebook to stay.

I reckon he will stay at Carlton well past the point we would want him at any rate. The guy's body is going to be destroyed by his late 20's with his play style and Carltons reliance on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back