List Mgmt. Trade & F.A. 2017 (if a scenario sounds wrong - read on before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Patton should be our number 1 target, he just keeps getting better.
Giants will ask the world for him and I doubt we'll have the trade currency to make it work. I doubt we'll have a good trading relationship with them while Matthews is still in charge. The guy knows how to hold a grudge.

Raid Port and pick up Trengrove and Pittard through free agency and get best available KPF with our first pick in the draft.

Thatd be what I'd try and do. Because imo we aren't going to have the currency now for Lynch or Wright.

Would give us a core defensive group of: Reid, Trengrove, McLarty, Maynard, Ramsay, Pittard, Scharenburg, Sinclair, Howe, Langdon

Steven May is the target of the century. Absolutely worth the five game suspensions he racks up every year. Peter Wright is also an obvious target, but I think he'll stay with his good mate Touk (let's get him too) up north. If he were to come to Vic, other clubs would probably offer more dosh.

Trengove I'm a fan of but want to see him replicate his form again. Collingwood's kicking efficiency down back has been an issue for man years; Pittard is not the solution.

Steven May is the target of the century. Absolutely worth the five game suspensions he racks up every year. Peter Wright is also an obvious target, but I think he'll stay with his good mate Touk (let's get him too) up north. If he were to come to Vic, other clubs would probably offer more dosh.

Trengove I'm a fan of but want to see him replicate his form again. Collingwood's kicking efficiency down back has been an issue for man years; Pittard is not the solution.
How do we land a May or Wright when we have to use our 1st rounder next year don't we?

This.

We're screaming for a KPD and May would be one of the best going around.

Isn't twinkletoes Kennedy a free agent next year? Could we convince him to return to Victoria? Or did he re-sign?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I might be mixed up here so apologies if I am, but isn't may just a slight upgrade on Brown & Frost?
Not much attacking flair but good one on one? If yes then I'm not sure why we got rid of the ones we did only to pay top dollar for another one.

I might be mixed up here so apologies if I am, but isn't may just a slight upgrade on Brown & Frost?
Not much attacking flair but good one on one? If yes then I'm not sure why we got rid of the ones we did only to pay top dollar for another one.
If Frost and Brown had the scope to be All-Australian, then he'd be a slight upgrade. May is a star, and a massive chance to go AA in 2017. He is a one-on-one defender which some may argue is an outdated role, but not for May as he just excels at it. It's all hypothetical though, and the fact that he was just made co-captain overnight probably says he's staying.

Ok then. Is May a good kick of the football? He never really leaves his man so not sure he has much attacking flair.
I've noticed May when he has ball in hand he likes to attack, has a long left foot and can take an intercept grab.

We'll have the currency to go after a young kpp next year.

We'll have our own 2017 1st rounder, a future 1st to offer if need be or everything else in between.

We're targeting one already.

It's going to be really interesting to see how next years trade and draft period turns out. There are some top notch KPP and mids next year for the top 10. Will we attack the free agency period and try get a mid and draft a tall or the other way around?

If we somehow manage to pick up Wright (not that hopeful) I'd be really looking to pick up one of Birchall/Pittard/Breust/Rockcliff as a free agent.

It's going to be really interesting to see how next years trade and draft period turns out. There are some top notch KPP and mids next year for the top 10. Will we attack the free agency period and try get a mid and draft a tall or the other way around?

If we somehow manage to pick up Wright (not that hopeful) I'd be really looking to pick up one of Birchall/Pittard/Breust/Rockcliff as a free agent.
I'd be looking at getting Trengrove and Pittard through free agency and Draft best possible KPF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back