List Mgmt. Trade & F.A. 2017 (if a scenario sounds wrong - read on before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billings

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Billings

HA ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I don't know what Billings you're laughing at but the one that plays for St Kilda is an absolute star and there are very few better talents

I think if it's pick 3 they will. Pick 5+ and we'll have to add something.

I'd spew if we gave up a pick 3 for Lever to be honest. Good player but not even the Crows best defender. Talia is.
Yeah he has plenty of improvement in him, but I'd rather us go to the draft. We have missed out on the best talent in the last 2 drafts.
I can understand trading out a first round pick when you are a top 8 side & the pick wont be high. But I'm against trading out a top 5 pick this year. Just my opinion.

Dream:
Jake Lever + Mitch McGovern for First Round pick 2017 + First Round pick 2018
Tom Rockcliff + Sam Reid RFA
PROFIT

B: Tyson Goldsack, Ben Reid, Jeremy Howe
HB: Ben Sinclair, Jake Lever, Brayden Maynard
C: Travis Varcoe, Tom Rockcliff, Will Hoskin-Elliott
HF: Jamie Elliott, Darcy Moore, Steele Sidebottom
F: Sam Reid, Mitch McGovern, Alex Fasolo
FOLL: Brodie Grundy, Scott Pendlebury, Adam Treloar
INT: Jordan De Goey, Jack Crisp, Taylor Adams, Daniel Wells

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really like Jake Lever but seriously f off Collingwood - just draft players for once. You don't get anywhere by trading in an entire team because it eats up the salary cap. I'd love Lever but we don't have him; bad luck. Go to the draft and take your Brander, or your Sutherland, or your Balta, or your Fogarty.

I miss the feeling of having known the club developed its talent instead of other clubs. Almost the entire 2010 team was drafted, and they gelled together amazingly. Mercenaries are stains on a football club, and I have no doubt a guy like Lever would pick us because of the money, not because of culture or mates. Build a culture through drafting, then trade for the final pieces of the puzzle.

I really like Jake Lever but seriously f off Collingwood - just draft players for once. You don't get anywhere by trading in an entire team because it eats up the salary cap. I'd love Lever but we don't have him; bad luck. Go to the draft and take your Brander, or your Sutherland, or your Balta, or your Fogarty.

I miss the feeling of having known the club developed its talent instead of other clubs. Almost the entire 2010 team was drafted, and they gelled together amazingly. Mercenaries are stains on a football club, and I have no doubt a guy like Lever would pick us because of the money, not because of culture or mates. Build a culture through drafting, then trade for the final pieces of the puzzle.
Great post.

This. I hate the idea of building a team full of mercenaries.

It's also ironic that we are interested in Lever considering we could have drafted him 3 years ago...

Dream:
Jake Lever + Mitch McGovern for First Round pick 2017 + First Round pick 2018
Tom Rockcliff + Sam Reid RFA
PROFIT

B: Tyson Goldsack, Ben Reid, Jeremy Howe
HB: Ben Sinclair, Jake Lever, Brayden Maynard
C: Travis Varcoe, Tom Rockcliff, Will Hoskin-Elliott
HF: Jamie Elliott, Darcy Moore, Steele Sidebottom
F: Sam Reid, Mitch McGovern, Alex Fasolo
FOLL: Brodie Grundy, Scott Pendlebury, Adam Treloar
INT: Jordan De Goey, Jack Crisp, Taylor Adams, Daniel Wells
No interest in Mitch Mcgovern, we need genuine KPFs.

btw re the geelong brisbane game, who do u think gets the 3 votes?

Danger, Duncan or Zorko?

Think it will be

3-Zorko
2-Danger
1-Duncan

Although I hope danger gets 3

I agree we should go to the draft. Recruiting players via trade is more expensive. Ie treloar costs 2 first rounders, Aish 2 second. Lever would cost a first plus player.

Better too recruit our own and maximise the picks.

Otherwise we are left with some top end talent and late picks where we get a lot of tom phillips, tom langdons or Jackson ramsays.

No AFL club will give up a top five pick in any draft unless they are loopy. Cameron, Lynch or Kelly are the only names that would tempt a club, Lever is not one of those names.

Yes the way the club is at the moment the best bet is to go to the draft in 2017 and 2018. Then in 2019 maybe start giving up first round picks in trades.

I actually hope he re-signs with Adelaide.

This. I hate the idea of building a team full of mercenaries.

It's also ironic that we are interested in Lever considering we could have drafted him 3 years ago...
Not that ironic because I think we nailed the JDG pick. Maybe you could argue that we should of drafted 2 meter Peter instead as he was a need but we were always getting Moore so I can understand why we went for a midfielder. I think JDG could end up being the best player in that draft fwiw, the guy has uncapped ability imo.

I'm glad the Billings talk is coming. I've wanted him for a couple of years now. Let them spend all of their money chasing players like Kelly.
Billings fits us perfectly as well. We might have a stacked midfield but not many of those blokes hit the scoreboard. We also need a quality crumbing forward as much as anything on our list. Billings kills two birds with the one stone.

Billings fits us perfectly as well. We might have a stacked midfield but not many of those blokes hit the scoreboard. We also need a quality crumbing forward as much as anything on our list. Billings kills two birds with the one stone.

Agreed. Billings, Dustin Martin, Devon Smith... any of these guys are a need to us IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back