Recruiting Trade & Free Agency V

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazing trade period, Essendon. I admired the work of Dodo almost as much as I enjoyed the frankly hilarious banter on the draft thread.

Hope Stringer comes good for you, except in finals and against us. Treat him good!
Thanks and sorry about the 250,000 thing. It was just jokes. We've all done stuff like that. Good on you for not being a dick about it.

He'd be getting miles into something.

The ultimate swingman!

The thing I love most about this pic, besides the multiple jackets obviously, is the way there's the hand at the right of screen which looks like it's pleading a case and he's staring off into the distance contemplating what's being said in true Godfather fashion.

When in reality he's probably just letting one go.

bitches
The Don.

Amazing trade period for the club. Credit where its due. Getting 3 guys into the best 22 and all of them in the low mid 20s in terms of age is exactly what we've been crying out for. They all have scope for improvement

You cannot have scripted it any better unless we got a Judd or Dangerfield type but generally 3 really good player is better than 1.

Get Stringer right and he can become anything. Imagine if Begley and Laverde come good with Stringer. Potential for a powerhouse side.

Just need 1 or 2 of our kids to come good now and we should be set for a sustained run at finals and challenging.

Amazing trade period for the club. Credit where its due. Getting 3 guys into the best 22 and all of them in the low mid 20s in terms of age is exactly what we've been crying out for. They all have scope for improvement

You cannot have scripted it any better unless we got a Judd or Dangerfield type but generally 3 really good player is better than 1.

Get Stringer right and he can become anything. Imagine if Begley and Laverde come good with Stringer. Potential for a powerhouse side.

Just need 1 or 2 of our kids to come good now and we should be set for a sustained run at finals and challenging.
is this you right now?

latest

nobody give him any sugar water

Are you OK?

Sent from my F3115 using Tapatalk

Who are you and what have you done with our kelvin?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congratulations on landing Stringer all. Hopefully a fresh start will be fantastic for Jake and will see you get the same sort of excitement from his immense talent that we did, especially in 2015. At the very least he will give you some really memorable highlights. Of course it saddens me and most Bulldogs supporters that we will no longer have Jake in the tricolours - God he is breathtaking when he is on song. But this move will hopefully be good for both the Western Bulldogs and Essendon.

And thanks for the "discussion" on the Stringer Megathread. A few barbs never hurt anyone and I enjoyed the good natured banter with many of you. Good fortune for 2018.

Good on you mate. Hope schache turns it around and becomes a great player for you blokes. Enjoyed the banter

Pick 2 for Lachie Weller??? Have I missed something?

Weller goes nicely enough, but you'd almost certainly get something better with pick 2. GC onviously truly, incredibly desperate for local talent.

As an aside....the whole homesick thing is starting to sound pretty pissweak.

eth-dog you've probably followed Saad's career closer than lost. Would you describe him as 'a more complete footballer than Connor McKenna and an elite general defender?'

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...d/news-story/c5968ddd7e780078a5cc09b42ce05e82
I wouldn't call him elite. He's very good at running it out of defence but the "elite" general defenders are much better defensively. See Hibberd, Yeo, Laird, B Smith. As far as more complete than Conor? Nah, Conor has the scope to play inside midfield IMO, don't see that with Adam.
Wouldn't mind Mckenzie (Suns). Can play either end.

Better mark and stronger body than Myers and just as long and accurate a kick.

Saw him up here game at Metricon and was almost Suns BOG with Hall and May.
He absolutely doesn't have a stronger body than Myers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back