Recruiting Trade & Free Agency VI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
People rag on Heppell's captaincy for the first two games but since then he's had:

27 disposals (14 contested), 8 marks, 5 tackles, 5 clearances
22 disposals (11 contested), 5 marks, 4 tackles, 2 clearances
32 disposals (9 contested), 11 marks, 3 tackles, 5 clearances
28 disposals (10 contested), 3 marks, 6 tackles, 2 clearances

His captaincy the past 4 games has been stellar.
Agreed.

Suns are very difficult to deal with at the trade table and I can't see that changing when Martin is involved.

TBH, he's not really a priority type of player for us to be targeting either. Not saying I wouldn't be happy to have him, just more so wouldn't want us to throw everything to get him.

People rag on Heppell's captaincy for the first two games but since then he's had:

27 disposals (14 contested), 8 marks, 5 tackles, 5 clearances
22 disposals (11 contested), 5 marks, 4 tackles, 2 clearances
32 disposals (9 contested), 11 marks, 3 tackles, 5 clearances
28 disposals (10 contested), 3 marks, 6 tackles, 2 clearances

His captaincy the past 4 games has been stellar.

I dont disagree that criticism of Heppell as a captain is rubbish but what does any of this have to do with captaincy or have I missed something?

With him being on the outter, I would entertain the idea of Josh Jenkins coming back to Essendon.

What possible argument could you make in favour to trade in a player who will be 31 at the start of next season, who has 3 seasons left on his contract at $550K a season?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heppell really stood up yesterday when backs to the wall? How far out was he in the 1st from goal and didn't make the distance? A REAL captains goal that one. Anyway that's my piece on him in this thread because he won't be traded by the club, however I would consider it if Essendon want to win finals.

Heppell really stood up yesterday when backs to the wall? How far out was he in the 1st from goal and didn't make the distance? A REAL captains goal that one. Anyway that's my piece on him in this thread because he won't be traded by the club, however I would consider it if Essendon want to win finals.
If we're going to be singling out blokes for piss poor effort, I recommend not starting with the only guy that put his body on the line and went back with the flight to take a mark all day.

Is there another Dyson Heppell out there that’s been kicking 60 metre tracer bullets for the last 10 years?

That’s right on his max journey on a set shot on a good day, always has been.

Pfft, everyone knows that if you utilise the Captaincy proficiency properly it adds 10% to both goal-kicking range and power....

+10 power, agility and public speaking

Especially impressive considering he didn't play a game in 2016.

Well - The post was referring to his last four years of playing - Feel sorry you couldn't understand.

Jake Carlisle out of contract

I wouldn't be opposed to getting him back still has a couple of years left.

Hooker,Hurley,Carlisle
Never gonna happen.

Key defender isnt a position of need, especially not when you account for the trade capital St Kilda would want for him.

Besides, Saints are playing good footy now and the one thing they lack is Key position players. Would be a weird time for Carlisle to leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back