Recruiting Trade & Free Agency VI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just read ten pages. F me that was wack..

Heppell you'd never trade. Hooker you'd never trade. Tbell you'd never trade. Those guys are clubmen. They wouldn't want trades.

Hurley I could see being ok with a trade perhaps but we need him especially when hookers gone so no trade there.

I'd be getting another ruck but wouldn't give up on Tbell. If we had him the last month things would be much better.

I'd be trying to get Wines, J Martin and a ruck plus draft inside mid and forward. I'd let go of Laverde, Langford, Zaharakis, Myers, Baguley, Hartley and Raz (love him but injured too much and SA factor) to get them in. Daniher will take a pay cut and that can go to paying OW.
I wouldn't trade Hooker, but if we could trade TBell and somehow acquire Wright, I'd do that. Maybe with GWS, although they'd be silly not to look at Wright as well.

Any more on the reason behind delisting Houlahan? I don't get to see VFL much so not sure how he's going. Doesn't sound positive.

I don't watch regularly but whenever I do he looks athletic with zero game sense.
He looks like he is 4 years away from being a decent player. Simply not good enough and we need to cut our losses.

Anyone wana post that francis article from superfooty today?

Here it is. a nothing article really:
Moneyball trade column: Decision time looming over new Essendon deal for Aaron Francis
Jay Clark and Jon Ralph, Herald Sun
August 17, 2019 12:15pm
Subscriber only
The time is nearing for Aaron Francis to make a decision on his future, with his opportunities at Essendon this year suggesting he will stay at the Dons.
He will meet with his manager in the next week to discuss his future plans, having been keen to see if he could cement a spot in the line-up as a regular.
Champion Data rates him elite as a key defender when he plays in the back six and he isn’t in any rush to move home.
The club’s coup on retaining Sam Draper gives them flexibility in their ruck issues given Tom Bellchambers is contracted for next year and Draper should get some games next year.

I wouldn't mind Wright but I think our resources would be better spent elsewhere considering we have McKernan, Stewart and Gown as secondary KPF's.

Unless we maybe traded Stewart, but his value would be low atm.

Trading our fringe players for a contracted opposition captain would be one way to improve the list i suppose.
Raz is fringe. Great point.

Also he's been left out of the team. Price goes down. Especially if he asks for a trade. Which would be required for my hypothesis.

Dont really care if you agree or not bud

Here it is. a nothing article really:
Moneyball trade column: Decision time looming over new Essendon deal for Aaron Francis
Jay Clark and Jon Ralph, Herald Sun
August 17, 2019 12:15pm
Subscriber only
The time is nearing for Aaron Francis to make a decision on his future, with his opportunities at Essendon this year suggesting he will stay at the Dons.
He will meet with his manager in the next week to discuss his future plans, having been keen to see if he could cement a spot in the line-up as a regular.
Champion Data rates him elite as a key defender when he plays in the back six and he isn’t in any rush to move home.
The club’s coup on retaining Sam Draper gives them flexibility in their ruck issues given Tom Bellchambers is contracted for next year and Draper should get some games next year.
We should moneyball trade him to Adelaide for Cam Ellis-Yolmen, a 2020 3rd Round pick and Jonah Hill.

Richmond are a representation of what real depth looks like.

They had McIntosh, Butler, Weller, Balta, Stack, Menadue and Townsend playing in their VFL side today that all have genuine AFL chops.

To assist any kind of genuine tilt we need to go out and get 3-4 more smalls that are ready to impact next year. Perhaps Townsend or Menadue could even be one of them but we need to make sure we have more blokes that are capable and ready to go, at the moment that cliff comes way too quickly.

Richmond are a representation of what real depth looks like.

They had McIntosh, Butler, Weller, Balta, Stack, Menadue and Townsend playing in their VFL side today that all have genuine AFL chops.

To assist any kind of genuine tilt we need to go out and get 3-4 more smalls that are ready to impact next year. Perhaps Townsend or Menadue could even be one of them but we need to make sure we have more blokes that are capable and ready to go, at the moment that cliff comes way too quickly.
McIntosh is a spud at the higher level mate. So is Menadue. I'll give you Balta and Stack (but you oddly omitted Soldo?_

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McIntosh is a spud at the higher level mate. So is Menadue. I'll give you Balta and Stack (but you oddly omitted Soldo?_

Kinda doesn’t matter, especially given the Richmond system dictates all he has to do is run and hoof it forward as far as he can.

The point is they have battle hardened depth to turn to in their smalls and we have Myers and Baguley.

Wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest if Darcy Cameron or Knoll was elsewhere next year.

The good news is that if Sydney elects to not retain Knoll he becomes a DFA and we can just sign him outright
Knoll is staying in Sydney.
They never intended on playing him this year and when he was signed he was fully aware he probably wouldn’t be playing this year. Swans just used it as a loophole to get a guy into their system for next year

He was just about BOG in a final last year (vs hawthorn). Has limitations but definitely no spud.
He's a midfielder that has never averaged 16 disposals across a full season, has hit 20 disposals 12 times in his 90 game career, is a poor kick, but he can run long way and has a big body. Definition of a spud.

He's a midfielder that has never averaged 16 disposals across a full season, has hit 20 disposals 12 times in his 90 game career, is a poor kick, but he can run long way and has a big body. Definition of a spud.

Obviously subjective, but I think the definition of a spud is someone who isn't good enough to be in the league. He'd get a game in most teams.

Wow....

Done it before with John Barnes. I think ppl need to get over themselves. Sure he screwed us, but I would be happy to embrace Paddy once again and welcome him back. Once again ppl need to get over themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back