Recruiting Trade & Free Agency VI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not how it works though - you don't get to pick the part of the season we played best.

It's a 23-round season.

And while we missed Joe/Raz, injuries hurt other teams every bit as much.

You could perhaps make an argument for Top 8, but to say fixture is the reason we finished 11th and not Top 4 seems silly to me. You're entitled to your opinion of course.

You do if you’re talking about how we’re positioned for the future

well then given we won our last game I'm tipping us to go one better than 2000 next season.
Yeah but he's got a point. There was a huge difference between the team that played rounds 1-8 and the team that played rounds 9-23 and it goes far deeper than win/loss.

Yeah but he's got a point. There was a huge difference between the team that played rounds 1-8 and the team that played rounds 9-23 and it goes far deeper than win/loss.
Nah it’s all or nothing. No nuance allowed here.

That's not how it works though - you don't get to pick the part of the season we played best.

It's a 23-round season.

And while we missed Joe/Raz, injuries hurt other teams every bit as much.

You could perhaps make an argument for Top 8, but to say fixture is the reason we finished 11th and not Top 4 seems silly to me. You're entitled to your opinion of course.

It is perfectly reasonable to use a sample of smaller than a season when assessing the outlook for Essendon next year. In that 10-4 stretch we played pretty much every team that is relevant to forming an assessment. Recent form always enjoys greater weight in these assessments and rightfully so.

If we started the season great and then collapsed - effectively the reversal of our season - then it wouldn't be appropriate to cherry pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There was also a huge difference between the team that finished 2017, even including that disappointing final, and the team that started 2018.

There was also a huge difference between the team that finished 2017, even including that disappointing final, and the team that started 2018.
I think there's a lot more optimism that can be taken from 2018 than what came out of 2017, even without the final. 2017 was an extremely inconsistent year

Lincoln McCarthy has requested a trade to Brisbane. If there'd been any rumblings about him wanting to leave Geelong, I must have missed them.

There has been. Best mates with Lachie Neale so they are trying to tempt him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back