Recruiting Trade & Free Agency VI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

From the limited game time I've seen of gold coast Martin is definitely a player that's stood out to me as a bloke who looks like he will be an awesome player.

So i am all for going after Jack Martin, but where is this coming from?

Like has he actually requested a trade formally?
I thought there was a fairly reputable source via Twitter (or should I say someone who has got some stuff right with us before) saying he requested to be traded to us in his exit interview with GCS.

Getting Martin would be awesome. Being able to rotate him and Fantasia through the forward line and midfield would be pretty special. We'll be saying "big bodied midfielder who needs em" within a month.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember before Martin had even played a game people were talking about him like he was the future #1 player in the AFL. Don't know who the * that guy who posted the rumour is though but it would be nice.

Based on exposed form?

Setterfield is way overrated on these boards at the moment, people are losing it thinking we should give up pick 8 or next years pick for a player who has played 2 games in 2 seasons.

Martin's an absolute jet and will kick 30 goals a season with us, he played 15 games this year while doing 22 and 21 the two seasons before.

Setterfield is unproven and injury prone, did his knee this year and had another 8-10 week ankle injury the year before.

I would take Hately/RCD over Setterfield (not saying I would draft them over Setterfield in his draft year but things have changed.. and their stocks can improve still)
Would take Martin over Hately/RCD. (would 100% drafted him over Setterfield if they were in the same draft year)

Unless we can get a big gun in now we're better off hitting the draft and getting someone next year, a lot of big players out of contract.....

Idk who Matty Baynes is exactly but his profile pic is either a fake or he is far more well known than any of his 100 followers would lead you to believe.

Rumor is he has close ties to Luke Ball , which some people give credence to stuff he posts ...

Getting Martin would be awesome. Being able to rotate him and Fantasia through the forward line and midfield would be pretty special. We'll be saying "big bodied midfielder who needs em" within a month.
We already have big bodied midfielders.... Heppell, Myers, Langford, Stringer with Laverde, Begley, Mutch and Clarke waiting in the wind.

Big bodied midfielders didn't achieve much for the Demons yesterday. They lacked pace and couldn't run with their Eagles counterparts.

Pies put a heavy tag on Dusty using Greenwood who is a genuine hard nut mongrel. You don't have to pay $1million+ to get a guy that can play this role. No Dusty, no Richmond. A guy like Clarke could be groomed for this role.

Collingwood has lots of pace in its midfield compared to Essendon.

Jack Martin is quick, highly skilled in tight with great disposal and is a goal kicker. If added to our slower midfield, it could make a big difference.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back