Recruiting Trade & Free Agency VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Idk we've been undersized/poor by foot for a while and Ridley is tall and a crisp, clean kick so I'd say he's one of our more appropriate pick ups, especially if playing on a wing works out for him.
yes - that ridley crispness. an extra 3 kgs this summer and i can't see how he doesn't become a gun for us.

trade laverde for a big B grade mid (bonar or SPP) and maybe we have to chuck in some change.

i still want to hang on to langford for some reason. call it puppy love.

Guy calls into trade radio:

Caller - :Essendon have offered Joe a contract, they've had an opportunity to sign him up to a deal long term

trade radio, well actually:
Adrian Dodoro - "We haven't offered Joe a deal beyond 2020"

Trade period has hit it's oeak
Earlier Disco said they’d started the discussion but hadn’t reached the offer stage

Earlier Disco said they’d started the discussion but hadn’t reached the offer stage

Ess are absolutely 100% right to not offer a contract extension to Joe until they see how Joe goes next season (if he can play X amount of games). Sydney have known this for a while and have offered a long term contract - Joe's security (only reason why he's thought about leaving).

Darcy Daniher retired at 23 with the same issue, not lost on Ess.

I like that Dodo is well aware that this draft doesnt really suit our needs. 5 and 9 last year and we take Ben King to replace Joe and then Caldwell. 5 and 9 this year aren't nearly as valuable as they wouldve been last year. Again, could easily see a trade not happening, as Sydney would be silly to offer a Godfather offer when they are a chance to get him for free next year. Praying that we keep Joe, get him back on the park and then sign him up again.

I like that Dodo is well aware that this draft doesnt really suit our needs. 5 and 9 last year and we take Ben King to replace Joe and then Caldwell. 5 and 9 this year aren't nearly as valuable as they wouldve been last year. Again, could easily see a trade not happening, as Sydney would be silly to offer a Godfather offer when they are a chance to get him for free next year. Praying that we keep Joe, get him back on the park and then sign him up again.

Couldnt we just ask for 5 and next yr 1st?

We can swap our 2nd next year for their 2nd this year. That will help them pay less for their academy gun and we get a look at a better draft and have a chip for Bonar now.

Is that how this works?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back