Recruiting Trade & Free Agency VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Assuming we could obtain either with about pick 33, who would people prefer out of SPP or Bonar?

SPP more proven at AFL level, but maybe less upside, and almost certainly has some off-field issues to manage.

Bonar unproven, which means more upside potentially, and no mention of any off-field problems.

I'd probably take SPP as we need someone who can be exactly what he is; an big aggressive inside clearance player that will block and tackle. 33 for SPP isn't happening though, so Bonar is the one we'll likely end up with if we're unwilling to part with more.

Today seems to be the day where all the clubs come out and say how s**t the other clubs are they are dealing with.

According to AFL.com (lol i know) nobody wants anybody anymore and everyone is just wasting everyone else's time

Today seems to be the day where all the clubs come out and say how s**t the other clubs are they are dealing with.

According to AFL.com (lol i know) nobody wants anybody anymore and everyone is just wasting everyone else's time

Pretty standard as it's before the weekend.
Clubs will be using the walk away tactic to then spend weekend planning then recommence talks monday

(Log in to remove this ad.)

fwiw; thought I read somewhere that clubs have been reluctant to make trades as AFL house have still not finalised whether a pre season trade period is set in concrete or not.

Why make trades now if you can see how the club/players are tracking right up until February.
Perfect for us to see how Joe's fitness is.

Any direct quotes?

From the players? No.

This is from the article

“But Daniher’s Essendon teammates aren’t taking the news lying down, with several urging club chiefs to do everything in their power to keep Daniher.”

The collective plea comes after skipper Dyson Heppell had breakfast on Thursday morning with Orazio Fantasia in what was said to be a final attempt to keep Fantasia in red and black.

By lunchtime, Fantasia had told Essendon he was staying.”

From the players? No.

This is from the article

“But Daniher’s Essendon teammates aren’t taking the news lying down, with several urging club chiefs to do everything in their power to keep Daniher.”

The collective plea comes after skipper Dyson Heppell had breakfast on Thursday morning with Orazio Fantasia in what was said to be a final attempt to keep Fantasia in red and black.

By lunchtime, Fantasia had told Essendon he was staying.”
Did Raz receive an offer he couldn't refuse? Do we need to call the RSPCA?

So what do we think is going to happen to Mitch Brown and Michael Hartley?

The only two players currently out of contract (senior listed) players.

I think they both stay. We are still in the middle of a KP crisis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back