Mega Thread Trade Targets 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Is there any evidence to the notion i keep seeing of Boyd apparently barracking for Carlton and that he therefore wants to play for Carlton? And that it is GWS or us? Or are we just hoping

Is there any evidence to the notion i keep seeing of Boyd apparently barracking for Carlton and that he therefore wants to play for Carlton? And that it is GWS or us? Or are we just hoping
I remember on draft night they touch on how he was a big Carlton fan. Also MS3 is an extremely reliable source. He is basically our Jesus.

All i want is Boyd and LaVerde................ get it done.

Somehow........

Please.......

Boyd is a huge Carlton supporter, absolutely bleeds blue as does his dad. Was very keen to get to Carlton initially so I imagine this would still be a big possibility. He is very close with his mum and dad too so come home factor would be big early in his career.

Boyd is a huge Carlton supporter, absolutely bleeds blue as does his dad. Was very keen to get to Carlton initially so I imagine this would still be a big possibility. He is very close with his mum and dad too so come home factor would be big early in his career.

Do you know him diggler?

Loosely. His parents are clients of mine though I've not broached the subject directly recently!

Well start doing it and get Tom to us!

Regarding Higgins, yes he's injury prone but like some mentioned we will have that many delistings this year, already had duigan, boots and Scotland. Will McLean get another deal? Mcinnes? Etc etc Will garlett and Lucas still be there?

We might have 8-9 roster spots.

Higgins is like 26 has been injury free this year. If we get him cheap 300-350 on a short 2 year (1 would be better) deal, there's not too much risk and some reasonable upside.

Apparently at a game recently when Shaun was playing twos. McCarthy walked past the parents smiling saying hello, then Higgins mum gave vicious spray. McCarthy kept walking then behind closed doors he lost it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

what would higgins cost? 400-450K? that would seem worth a best 22 player.

450 * 22 = Just about the whole TPP and there's 22 players left on the list.

We have better players than Higgins for less than half that money on the list.
No way should we shell out anything like that for Higgins.

I like Higgins (saw a docu a year or two ago and it followed him around, loved him. trained the house down and had a great attitude towards everyone, especially coaches and younger players).

I guess it depends where Mick and co see our list, if we are 'rebuilding' at 26 we should pass on him, will take a spot from the youngers that we need to find and play for 50 games etc

If he thinks we will rebound and sneak into the finals next year (which i think he will, finishing down the bottom we get an easy draw etc and we under performed this year, so should rebound) then we should sign him, well worth the risk.

Improving a list with vets is the wrong move if a club is rebuilding (eg our Pagan years), if we are in this phase, need to pass on him

Apparently at a game recently when Shaun was playing twos. McCarthy walked past the parents smiling saying hello, then Higgins mum gave vicious spray. McCarthy kept walking then behind closed doors he lost it.
tumblr_n3b52dTioZ1tw1vhco1_500.gif

Higgens wouldnt be the worst bet, I suspect that the reason he has had so many injuries is because Footscray have tried to turn him into a midfielder and his body cant handle the work load, so if we concede he will just be a very dangerous medium size fwd I reckon we could easily have a 50 goal a year forward on our hands.

Not sure what value Higgins will add to our list - skilled yes, but slow and injury prone. And when he has played he's been good without setting the world on fire. Will also be 27 next year

Prefer the club to continue to go for players like Doc and Everitt, and of course Boyd, can see them helping us win premierships, not so with Higgins who will most likely cost more.

450 * 22 = Just about the whole TPP and there's 22 players left on the list.

We have better players than Higgins for less than half that money on the list.
No way should we shell out anything like that for Higgins.
Higgins is a quality player, if fit and firing he would be one of the better players on our list. (problem is he is rarely fit). Also if we are moving some good pieces for Boyd (lets say) then maybe he would replace the quality we give for Boyd. Ie. if walker were traded id see higgins taking that good ball user role. *all hypothetical s, not what id want to happen but a theory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back