Transfer discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talk Inter want Alexis. I can imagine the deal terms: 2 year loan with an option to buy for 10m at the end of the deal. Inter to cover 3.4% of the wage bill.

I'd take it.

You’ll be back mate. Sometimes you have to reach rock bottom to start again. The summer should be an exciting g one for you

Thanks mate. I'll hopefully live to see it.

You’ll be back mate. Sometimes you have to reach rock bottom to start again. The summer should be an exciting g one for you

Not holding my breath on that one, there's quite a few big European teams who also need to do some spending, none bigger than Real Madrid.

Plus, we are in the Europa League and players will most likely just sign with us because they know we will over-pay and pay them a good wage, which is exactly what we've been doing for the last 5 years and it's got us nowhere.

Not holding my breath on that one, there's quite a few big European teams who also need to do some spending, none bigger than Real Madrid.

Plus, we are in the Europa League and players will most likely just sign with us because they know we will over-pay and pay them a good wage, which is exactly what we've been doing for the last 5 years and it's got us nowhere.

I can see you guys bringing a DOF in to oversea transfers. Commercially Woody is fine but gets mugged off on transfers far too often.

Apparently United want Cancelo, please be true.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

were completely in disarray. i honestly dont see us being top 6 with the current issues.

we have let arguably one of our best midfielders go on a free yet kept young and smalling and extended their contracts.

there is no structure. ole has to pull off a miracle. we wont get players coming to us now because no champions league too. were in for a rough ride. moreso than chelsea.

'rock bottom'
For them it pretty much is. You couldn’t really get a worse squad than that. If Sánchez hadn’t fallen off a cliff and Pogba didn’t only play when he felt like it then they’d be a lot better off. Probably would just require a couple of centre backs, a full back and for me a striker to replace Lakaku in the window. Because those two marquee players have not performed though it has put them much deeper in the s**t and they need pretty much a total rebuild

united folk

do you think pogba is now gone after what some of those delusional fans did yesterday.

better not be.

I'd be very surprised if he was sold. Would take a mammoth offer from any interested parties.

United need a direction imo. They're all.over the place with transfers, Woody too keen on recruiting names even if they don't fit the structure of the team.
It's our biggest problem, we've just signed players and thrown them in, no structure whatsoever.

It’s the critical element that sets City and Liverpool apart from the rest in my opinion.

Don’t get me wrong, both teams have spent big, but that money has been consistently spent on signings that are clearly aligned with Klopp and Pep’s visions for their respective teams and how they want them to play, rather than the managers being given an assortment of players and told to patch together a game plan around them.

For Klopp, it’s all about speed, aggression, work rate and skill. Every single signing we’ve made over the last few years fits that bill.

There was a school of thought a few years back that with players like Benteke & Carroll on the books we should adapt our game plan to suit them, which is completely the wrong way to go about it in my opinion. If you back your manager to build a successful side, you buy the pieces to fit their vision, you don’t ask them to change their vision to fit the pieces.

It’s the critical element that sets City and Liverpool apart from the rest in my opinion.

Don’t get me wrong, both teams have spent big, but that money has been consistently spent on signings that are clearly aligned with Klopp and Pep’s visions for their respective teams and how they want them to play, rather than the managers being given an assortment of players and told to patch together a game plan around them.

For Klopp, it’s all about speed, aggression, work rate and skill. Every single signing we’ve made over the last few years fits that bill.

There was a school of thought a few years back that with players like Benteke & Carroll on the books we should adapt our game plan to suit them, which is completely the wrong way to go about it in my opinion. If you back your manager to build a successful side, you buy the pieces to fit their vision, you don’t ask them to change their vision to fit the pieces.

Absolutely this, those clubs decide on what they need to improve upon and go and improve upon it, spend the cash without qualms, easy done. United doesn't do this, they see a weakness and instead just try and one up a rival by stealing a player that we don't even need or is the wrong type. Always after the player who can get social media gagging.

Apparently this guy is usually nailed on with Fulham stuff. Not as excited by this as I was this time last year, but I'd still be pretty pleased. Lots of potential in him still.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back