Transfer discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep so true. Massive difference though between 41 million and 150 million which is what it requires to bring in someone like a Haaland.

There is, but it doesn't make 40m a standard fee.

For me a modest fee would be less than say £15m-20m. £40m now may not necessarily be as “large” in the market as it was 7-8 years ago, however it’s still quite significant.

Last edited:

Joelinton to Newcastle was 40m but that's all I can think of.

I'm sure there's 1-2 a season where the player ends up flopping, but I wouldn't say there's 'plenty' of average players going for that sort of fee. And maybe 5-10 a window going for 40m+ which certainly doesn't make it a modest fee.

I'm sure there's 1-2 a season where the player ends up flopping, but I wouldn't say there's 'plenty' of average players going for that sort of fee. And maybe 5-10 a window going for 40m+ which certainly doesn't make it a modest fee.
I don't disagree, aside from him, I can't recall any "average" player for that fee. Average as in he was never any really good to begin with, not someone who was signed on previous output who ended up flopping i.e. Ziyech.

I don't disagree, aside from him, I can't recall any "average" player for that fee. Average as in he was never any really good to begin with, not someone who was signed on previous output who ended up flopping i.e. Ziyech.

What's gone wrong with Ziyech? Seemed unlucky to get injured pre-season, seemed set for a big one.

What's gone wrong with Ziyech? Seemed unlucky to get injured pre-season, seemed set for a big one.
Hasn't had a great run with injury but, even when he's played, he just doesn't suit Tuchel's style or the PL in general really. Not particularly fast or strong enough with a weak first touch, and it looks like he might be on the way out anyway with Dortmund showing some interest for a loan. Hopefully he can return to his Ajax form there which will drive his price up a bit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If 33m is close to 40m.

Only 4 transfers 40m+ this summer and they were all seen as big outlays.
With add ons up to £40m. Probably won’t earn all of them though unless he turns it around

So apparently Man Utd want 10M for Lingardinho now after asking 25M for him a few months ago.

Seems like they're desperate to get Newcastle invovled, but I think he's on our way come January or the start of next season still.

Salah and Fabinho were modest buys. Ali and VVD were bought from Coutinho money. We dont have 150 to just to buy Haaland unfortunately.
You do have the money, you just have tightass owners that won't spend...

Like the Glazers did with Ferguson they just going to ride the success of the manager until Klopp leaves and it turns upside down then we will see them spend. Until then they just going to keep swimming in the profits that they're bringing in.

So apparently Man Utd want 10M for Lingardinho now after asking 25M for him a few months ago.

Seems like they're desperate to get Newcastle invovled, but I think he's on our way come January or the start of next season still.

If I were the Hammers I'd offer 5m and if that isn't good enough take him on a freebie in summer. 10m for Lingard with 6m left seems a bit rich although as you say Newcastle would probably pay that in an instant without even thinking about it if he was willing to go there.

3 for 1 special.

You can have Martial and Maguire for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back