Goo Trent Cotchin retires, the equal most successful captain of the modern era.

Remove this Banner Ad

blaisee

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2004
Punt Road
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
None
Correlation does not equate to causation, however it is a fact that in the last 30 years, no captain has lead a team to more premierships than Trent Cotchin

Infact, you have to go back to Michael Tuck, Dick Reynolds, and Syd Coventry to find one that has captained more

Now I am sure the usual suspects will try and derail this thread with the usual garbage, but facts are facts.

Trent inherited a basket case of a club, was made captain at 22 yrs old, and changed the club transformed it in fact to win 3 flags

Statistically the best most succesful captain of the AFL era.

Great career well done Trent couldn’t of asked for more, had a very similar balance and kicking style to GAJ use to love watching him play in his prime.

Seemed very well balanced mentally as well and a guy that people would feel comfortable to talk to, his leadership must be exceptional considering his record.

Or Vossy.

Fair play to Trent, a very good player and captain who absolutely earned and deserved his success.
Yep, don't mind admitting that he's up there with the great captains of this generation and played a huge role in his team's success. Just hate how Richmond supporters run rampant on the main board and make everything a utensil measuring contest

Am I missing something? Voss and Hodge weren't that long ago...is this some dig I'm not aware of?

This is a preemptive strike.

He is baiting ‘trolls’ by throwing out an exaggeration that will get people replying ‘bUt mIcHeAl VoSs/LuKe HoDge!!!!!!1’

He can then push back on what he’s called the ‘usual suspects’ and enjoy a bit of classic BigFooty back and forth, that we know and love.

This is a preemptive strike.

He is baiting ‘trolls’ by throwing out an exaggeration that will get people replying ‘bUt mIcHeAl VoSs/LuKe HoDge!!!!!!1’

He can then push back on what he’s called the ‘usual suspects’ and enjoy a bit of classic BigFooty back and forth, that we know and love.
What an immature way to start a thread that should be a celebration of a champion player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Am I missing something? Voss and Hodge weren't that long ago...is this some dig I'm not aware of?
He said "more". With hodge and Voss both captaining 3 same as Cotchin. It truly is a remarkable way of putting it. Stinks of nothing but a * measuring contest. Cotch has had an amazing career. For sure. Congrats Cotch.

Change the title FFS. Great way to put every neutral supporter off and take away from what should be a celebratory thread. Take your baiting to the bay.

A great career, a great leader and a great player. I will be forever grateful for the joy that man helped bring to my life from 2017. Out of nowhere too. What a ride. Thanks Cotch :thumbsu:

Jesus. What a s**t way to start a thread that should have been about congratulating a champion player on a great career.

what she said yes GIF by TipsyElves.com

A good honest footballer. Had a try.

this is the kind of direspect I was expecting unfortunately

Trent was one of the few modern day footballers that was elite in both skill, completely ambidextrous and as hard as a cats head

The only other modern day footballers that was close to his level was Micheal Voss and Hodge,
Voss was not as skillful as Cotchin though, but was just as hard
Hodge was as skillful and as hard, but was not a midfielder
can't think of another player that had both those attributes at his elite level

this is the kind of direspect I was expecting unfortunately

Trent was one of the few modern day footballers that was elite in both skill, completely ambidextrous and as hard as a cats head

The only other modern day footballers that was close to his level was Micheal Voss and Hodge,
Voss was not as skillful as Cotchin though, but was just as hard
Hodge was as skillful and as hard, but was not a midfielder
can't think of another player that had both those attributes at his elite level

Voss not as skilful as Cotchin.

Lol yeah right

Change the title FFS. Great way to put every neutral supporter off and take away from what should be a celebratory thread. Take your baiting to the bay.

A great career, a great leader and a great player. I will be forever grateful for the joy that man helped bring to my life from 2017. Out of nowhere too. What a ride. Thanks Cotch :thumbsu:
Yeah time to ignore blaisee when he's trying to ruin what should be a celebration.

I'm not sure too many expected Cotchin to develop into the hard nosed, inspirational captain (he was always a great talent) that he did, but he certainly achieved that. He stepped up and lead a tough midfield and overall side through a successful era. Deserves every bit of celebration and probably hasn't received enough kudos for what he brought to the table.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back