Trivia time!

Remove this Banner Ad

What is the connection between the highest ODI scores of Tendulkar, Sehwag and Rohit Sharma?

I reckon I have just figured it out. I went onto Cricinfo to look at the ball by ball commentary. I thought all three players may have been dropped before they had scored. Then it struck me that all three, whilst creating new record individual scores for an ODI, also played in matches where India's winning margin was 153 runs.

They all broke the record at the time for highest ODI score didn’t they?

That is true, but it's not what I'm looking for. The answer I seek is far more remarkable!
I reckon I have just figured it out. I went onto Cricinfo to look at the ball by ball commentary. I thought all three players may have been dropped before they had scored. Then it struck me that all three, whilst creating new record individual scores for an ODI, also played in matches where India's winning margin was 153 runs.

Correct. Remarkable, that the new record ODI scores would all be set in matches decided by the exact same margin!

In a similar (identical) vein, the 1997 ODI series between Australia and England all had the same margin - England won by six wickets. But even more remarkably, in all three matches the winning runs were struck by Adam Hollioake.

What was significant about the World Cup match between England and South Africa at the Oval on 22 May 1999?

Was it that one expatriate Zimbabwean dismissed another? (Steve Elworthy claimed Graeme Hick's wicket)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought this was too obscure to make it a question. I recently watched the movie Not Without My Daughter, where Sally Field plays a woman who is married to an Iranian man. In the movie their daughter is named Mahtob, which is Botham spelled backwards.

I won't make this a question, just put it out for people who missed it at the time to enjoy. It concerns the (in)famous test between Australia and South Africa in late 2011.

Just after 11 o'clock on day three SA were 1/125 chasing 236 for victory.

This meant that at precisely 11:11 on 11/11/11, they needed 111 to win.

I won't make this a question, just put it out for people who missed it at the time to enjoy. It concerns the (in)famous test between Australia and South Africa in late 2011.

Just after 11 o'clock on day three SA were 1/125 chasing 236 for victory.

This meant that at precisely 11:11 on 11/11/11, they needed 111 to win.
David Shepherd would have been doing St Vitus' Dance.

Who is the only man to have played test cricket in the reigns of George the V, Edward the VIII, George the VI and Elizabeth the II?
Len Hutton?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back