TV shows you’d like to see made

Remove this Banner Ad

I have a few but would love to see a prequel tv series that leads up to first blood. What John Rambo went through/did in Vietnam and on return to the USA.

I always wanted to see three ten episode series based on James Ellroy's American Trilogy novels,
'American Tabloid', 'The Cold Six Thousand' & 'Blood's A Rover'. Considering some of the books that
have been made into a series, it's criminal that these great stories haven't been adapted. Pete Bondurant
is a great character, one of many, although it would hard to find an actor of sufficent talent who had the
physical size of 6 feet 8 inches.

Tom Hanks was interested in getting them made about 15 years ago but it came to nothing. I guess
if someone with the clout he had at the time couldn't get it done then it must be a bridge too far.

lethal weapon crossed with butch cassidy and the sundance kid

2 marshalls with the banter/coolness of butch and sundance with the action/buddy cop of lethal weapon

I would like to see a mini series on the nurses in WW2 who were interned at the camps. They could show how life was in Singapore before the invasion and then life at the camp and finish off with how they adapted to life after the war ended.

Also focus on the massacre at Radji beach where only one nurse survived.

BBC did a series called Tenko in the 80s.

A "Space Race" type TV show chronocling both the Russian and American sides from the mid to late 50's up to the first moon landing - Gargarin, Tereshkova, Grissom, Glenn, Collins, Aldrin, Armstrong etc
For All Mankind sounds like a tv show you would like. Not what you asked for but elements of it apparently.
I not seen it but curious to watch it at some point.

Apparently the Duffer brothers are in talks to make a series adaptation of The Talisman by Stephen King and Peter Straub after they finish up the final season of Stranger Things. I think that's probably the last piece of King's 80's output that has resisted adaptation so far. Steven Spielberg bought the rights back in the day but was never able to find a way to make it work as a movie, but the streaming services available these days would provide a better fit. Given that Stranger Things could just about be the love child of an illicit hookup between Spielberg and King, these are probably the right people to have a go at it, so I would like to see it made.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently the Duffer brothers are in talks to make a series adaptation of The Talisman by Stephen King and Peter Straub after they finish up the final season of Stranger Things. I think that's probably the last piece of King's 80's output that has resisted adaptation so far. Steven Spielberg bought the rights back in the day but was never able to find a way to make it work as a movie, but the streaming services available these days would provide a better fit. Given that Stranger Things could just about be the love child of an illicit hookup between Spielberg and King, these are probably the right people to have a go at it, so I would like to see it made.
There’s a scene in Stranger Things where Lucas is seen reading The Talisman…

Remove this Banner Ad

Back