UEFA Champions League 2018/19 (FINAL: Tottenham vs Liverpool)

Who do you want to win?

• Tottenham

• Liverpool

• Happy with either

Results are only viewable after voting.

kangaspurs

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Tottenham, Melbourne City FC
This still hasn’t sunk in for me yet. I keep seeing the graphics regarding the final, and it’s completely surreal when i do. But then i’ll look at something like the title of this thread, ‘FINAL: Tottenham vs Liverpool” and it will briefly hit me. I’ll smile and think ‘Holy ****, we’re in the final of the European Cup,’ but go ‘wait’ and it’ll go back to being surreal again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

kangaspurs

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Tottenham, Melbourne City FC
What's your Moura winner re-watch count up to?
Well over 40 here.
I haven’t been keeping count, but i’ve watched the goals and post match celebrations over and over and over. I’ve barely done any work or study since the game because all i’ve been doing when online is watching and reading anything i can find about the game.

WealstoneRaider

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Hawthorn
It's kinda funny that the Champion's League is going to be won by a team that has never been champion of the Premier League.
I think CL is far harder to win now than when it was the European Cup. I mean it should tell you something when the 1979 final was between Nottingham Forest and Malmo. I think you only had to play four possibly five rounds also. You probably had a handful of real contenders each season, and if they got drawn together in early rounds (there was no seeding back then) then you had scenarios where the likes of Malmo, Steaua Bucharest etc could go on and win the thing. Having multiple teams from the strong leagues makes it a much tougher competition

Bomberboyokay

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Roosters, Mets
I have a question. In the past 24 hours there were calls and support for all english team euro finals. Curious am I. Why isnt there rejoice or wasnt there rejoice in previous years wishing for an all spanish or italian final(s)?
Answers pretty obvious isn't it?
Our cultural heritage is British.....Notice how most posters in here have an EPL side nominated in their 'other teams followed' column.

English soccer has been on Oz telly for decades, as that's all we got on the ABC, via the BBC, every Sunday night in the 70's & 80's.
That explains why it's newsworthy. Doesn't explain why anyone outside the 4 clubs' supporters is happy about it.

sorted

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Geelong
I think CL is far harder to win now than when it was the European Cup. I mean it should tell you something when the 1979 final was between Nottingham Forest and Malmo. I think you only had to play four possibly five rounds also. You probably had a handful of real contenders each season, and if they got drawn together in early rounds (there was no seeding back then) then you had scenarios where the likes of Malmo, Steaua Bucharest etc could go on and win the thing. Having multiple teams from the strong leagues makes it a much tougher competition
Agree with that. There's more teams enter it now and the standard of the European leagues has gone up considerably since those days. Argentina and Brazil were probably the strongest international teams back then and most of their players still played in South America. It was a revelation when Ossie Ardiles and Ricky Villa signed for Spurs. There weren't many Europeans who played outside their own countries let alone Africans and South Koreans.

We shouldn't undervalue that Notts Forest achievement though. People forget that they beat holders Liverpool in the early rounds of the 1978-79 European Cup. Then they went on to retain win it again the next season. Cloughy was a genius.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man Utd Green Bay Melb Storm
What's your Moura winner re-watch count up to?
Well over 40 here.
The more I see it, the more it feels like it was fated....First City's disallowed goal, then a last possible second Happenstance finish....I know Liverpool pulled off a stunning reversal against Barca, but Tottenham seem to have the football Gods on their side this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

jd2010

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Where are you yids watching the final? Liverpool have huge support in Oz so will you be able to find a place where you won’t be outnumbered - assuming you go out to watch the match? This place looks lively

I’m contemplating watching it with a bunch of mates who are all Liverpool fans at crown. Or watching it with my uncle and cousin who are yids. Or watching it from the comforts of home at 5am

Blueboys11

Club Legend
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham, New York Mets
Where are you yids watching the final? Liverpool have huge support in Oz so will you be able to find a place where you won’t be outnumbered - assuming you go out to watch the match? This place looks lively

5am Monday morning is such a brutal time. The more I think about it I reckon I’ll just be watching from home

WealstoneRaider

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Hawthorn
5:00 is probably the worst time you could set. Two hours either side would be doable.

It’s your own fault though for being located at the arse end of nowhere. And you ******s wanted a World Cup there!

jd2010

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Nah 3:00 is better than 5:00. Just head out about 11pm and you can make it through easy. Trying to stay perky until five is an absolute killer though
You’ve gotta do the early night the night before a 5am game. Bed by 10 and up at 4:50 it’s not too bad

WealstoneRaider

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Hawthorn
You’ve gotta do the early night the night before a 5am game. Bed by 10 and up at 4:50 it’s not too bad
I can’t do that. I remember the England v Brazil game in 2002. That was about eight am kick off here and it just isn’t the same. ******* half asleep. But I’ve never been much of a morning person

Top Bottom