UEFA Champions League 2018/19

Who do you want to win?

• Tottenham

• Liverpool

• Happy with either

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Look I hope so, not to s**t stir but United have been in terrible form and werent exactly blown away by Barca despite losing 4-0 on aggregate. We have a far better defense than United and a far better attack. Well we are right now just a far better side than United and the performance of Barca against United gives me hope that we can turn them over.

Messi is the danger, capable of anything at any time. He's the greatest of all time so we will have to be right on our game and take our chances when we create them. I think Barca's defense can definitely be gotten at so we will see!

You sure know how to make someone barrack for Barca all the more.

You’re not wrong. Reading that was spew worthy.

Dial it back Jodly haha

On the other hand, I'd love to see the Hotspurs win it....Be even sweeter if the Pool were to somehow fluke a win against Barca, only to then have Spurs knock the smarmy, arrogant gits off their over-confident perches.

1556338248924.png

On the other hand, I'd love to see the Hotspurs win it....Be even sweeter if the Pool were to somehow fluke a win against Barca, only to then have Spurs knock the smarmy, arrogant gits off their over-confident perches.

View attachment 663002

It will be a great story if spurs/Ajax win it. Obviously I'd like Liverpool to win but if we don't probably wouldn't mind either of the other two winning it if they can get past barca.

Ajax winning it would be an incredible story. But I hope that doesn't happen as I of course want the mighty Reds to win it!
Well, Ajax will be in the final for sure and anything is possible in a two horse race. Spurs are lame in racing parlance. They’ve sustained too many injuries and are vulnerable.
We couldn’t be stronger atm and I’m confident that we will give Barca a tough time. Liverpool supporters need to accept that we’re one of the best club sides in the world now. It is time to own it. Expect nothing and win nothing.

Our bench is going to be hilarious in this first leg. It could be just Llorente, a keeper, and 5 defenders.

Our bench is going to be hilarious in this first leg. It could be just Llorente, a keeper, and 5 defenders.
I’d very happily take 0-0 in this first leg and try and get a result in Ajax when we should have a few more troops available.

The fact we are pretty much injury free in the backline makes this a viable possibility. You would think Poch will set up pretty defensively

How anyone can have us favourites is beyond me

DM one of - Wanyama and Dier who aren’t match fit

CM three of - Eriksen, Dele and not fully fit Sissoko

W/ST two of - Llorente and lucas

We literally have 1 selection decision to make outside of the defence. Hopefully young Troy Parrott takes the last bench spot. Would rather a not ready young ST than 5-6 defenders

How anyone can have us favourites is beyond me

DM one of - Wanyama and Dier who aren’t match fit

CM three of - Eriksen, Dele and not fully fit Sissoko

W/ST two of - Llorente and lucas

We literally have 1 selection decision to make outside of the defence. Hopefully young Troy Parrott takes the last bench spot. Would rather a not ready young ST than 5-6 defenders
Nah, I actually think we can put out a reasonable first 11, but we'll have nothing off the bench. I expect this:

Lloris
Alderweireld - Sanchez - Vertonghen
Trippier - Sissoko - Wanyama - Rose
Eriksen - Lucas - Dele

No Llorente for me from the start. We need to have as much mobility in the attacking third as possible to press Ajax. They'll play around Llorente far too easily.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah, I actually think we can put out a reasonable first 11, but we'll have nothing off the bench. I expect this:

Lloris
Alderweireld - Sanchez - Vertonghen
Trippier - Sissoko - Wanyama - Rose
Eriksen - Lucas - Dele

No Llorente for me from the start. We need to have as much mobility in the attacking third as possible to press Ajax. They'll play around Llorente far too easily.
Even with that XI that's just making 1 extra decision playing a 3rd CB over Llorente. I'd really like to see JV at LB with Llorente the more I think of it. Give De Ligt some aerial work to do.

Lloris
Tripper Sanchez Toby Vertonghen
Wanyama Sissoko
Lucas Eriksen Dele
Llorente

Even with that XI that's just making 1 extra decision playing a 3rd CB over Llorente. I'd really like to see JV at LB with Llorente the more I think of it. Give De Ligt some aerial work to do.

Lloris
Tripper Sanchez Toby Vertonghen
Wanyama Sissoko
Lucas Eriksen Dele
Llorente
But it effectively adds two midfielders with the wingbacks, and it covers many of Trippier's deficiencies and plays to his strengths. I just think that, after watching how good Ajax were in transition and playing out from the back against Juve, we need to press them as high as possible, and get some pressure on their defenders and De Jong. IMO they'll play far too easily around Llorente. There won't be enough pressure there.

Back