UEFA Champions League 2018/19

Who do you want to win?

• Tottenham

• Liverpool

• Happy with either

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Unbelievable. I feel a bit embarrassed about my half time posts but we were dead and buried. Probably the greatest night I’ve experienced as a spurs fan, can’t believe we are in a CL final after where this club was for so long.

Two great clubs in the final with such likeable and talented managers. No trolling from me in the build up, Liverpool have been brilliant over the last couple of seasons and we’ve defied all expectations to get their and join them. Also some lovely posts by arsenal and Chelsea fans tonight which I will remember. I need to be more like that.

Incredible scenes where I was at tonight. I’m absolutely spent
LOL no need to retract a single message from that first half it called it as it was. We were utterly dreadful but Poch changed it up and we took control playing more long ball and playing off Llorente.

I did say Ajax would be the better final for a neutral but I think that second half exposed a couple of their weaknesses with direct physical play which Liverpool would have exploited in the final. Make no mistakes we go in underdogs but we've been underdogs and borderline out of the competition now at the Nou Camp, Etihad Stadium & Cruyff Arena so why not in Madrid

Another unbelievable result to wake up to, had thoughts it was another 1-0 to Ajax. Couldn’t imagine how gutted they will be, 3-0 up on aggregate & to lose overall in the 6th minute of injury time that wasn’t even expected to be 5?

Very interesting final! Lost 2-1 to Liverpool twice in the league this season, looked over the stats & at home they dominated possession but gave up way too many shots. At Anfield lost to a last minute own goal but very evenly matched, as it was more recent I think from the match thread on here it was a game that could have gone either way

Another unbelievable result to wake up to, had thoughts it was another 1-0 to Ajax. Couldn’t imagine how gutted they will be, 3-0 up on aggregate & to lose overall in the 6th minute of injury time that wasn’t even expected to be 5?

Very interesting final! Lost 2-1 to Liverpool twice in the league this season, looked over the stats & at home they dominated possession but gave up way too many shots. At Anfield lost to a last minute own goal but very evenly matched, as it was more recent I think from the match thread on here it was a game that could have gone either way
First game Liverpool dominated and should of won easily. Was early in the season though and pretty sure it was Sons first game back from the Asian cup. We were playing pretty poorly at that point with the World Cup hangover

Second time at Anfield, it was only a goal keeping howler that got Liverpool the winner. Spurs had some good chances before that to win it.

Will be an intriguing final

Stolen from Spurs banter page. Spurs fans who want to fund their trip to Madrid should take some old spurs shirts with them on Sunday and sell them to the Toffees in the away end, they'll all be wearing them come June 1

LOL no need to retract a single message from that first half it called it as it was. We were utterly dreadful but Poch changed it up and we took control playing more long ball and playing off Llorente.

I did say Ajax would be the better final for a neutral but I think that second half exposed a couple of their weaknesses with direct physical play which Liverpool would have exploited in the final. Make no mistakes we go in underdogs but we've been underdogs and borderline out of the competition now at the Nou Camp, Etihad Stadium & Cruyff Arena so why not in Madrid

We were fine in the first half - apart from the fact that Wanyama's playing injured because Dier is also playing injured. THat cost us both goals but we could have scored ourselves.

Too many Spurs fans jump off at the first sign of adversity. We have been utterly crocked since February but in the moments that matter this Poch team - like it has for years - steps up and gives a performance of guts and fight. We were ALWAYS going to fight back. Not necessarily win - but this squad has fight.

More than some (a lot) of our fans. Some of whom shoudl be ashamed of themselves.

Look to Ajax fans for how to respond to disappointment.

Which was the better win and which was the worse "bottling"? For me I think they're both incredible but am sure people will be debating it for some time.
this will be decided June 1st. as good as they both were if you don't win the trophy it counts for naught.
if Spurs lose its just another memorable one off that ultimately resulted in nothing. if they win then Moura gets a statue at the new stadium.
it's a little bit different for Liverpool cause it adds to their European folklore but the same still applies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We were fine in the first half - apart from the fact that Wanyama's playing injured because Dier is also playing injured. THat cost us both goals but we could have scored ourselves.

Too many Spurs fans jump off at the first sign of adversity. We have been utterly crocked since February but in the moments that matter this Poch team - like it has for years - steps up and gives a performance of guts and fight. We were ALWAYS going to fight back. Not necessarily win - but this squad has fight.

More than some (a lot) of our fans. Some of whom shoudl be ashamed of themselves.

Look to Ajax fans for how to respond to disappointment.
There's nothing wrong with writing off certain individuals who continually aren't up to it. Trippier & Wanyama are the two. Like I said in an earlier post got no problem with Trippier being beaten in the air because he it isn't a physical strength of his, but his decision to leave his man unmarked & then fake an injury in the middle of the field cost us two goals. That's unacceptable and he deserves the s**t he cops from Spurs fans. Wanyama is one I personally give an out too because he is no longer physically capable of being a top class DM, doesn't mean we can't call that out and say he isn't good enough.

Apart from those 2 I think the rest have continually risen from stuff ups or quiet patches and it's the reason we are always a chance. Guys like Dele, Lloris, Llorente & Sissoko have been called out as s**t many times and apart from Sissoko I think we all thought they'd get back to their best. With Sissoko we never really saw it for 18 months because he was playing out of position!

The Ajax keeper blew it on that 2nd goal. Both Liverpool and Tottenham needed so much luck just to make the final neither deserves to win.

Doesn't the fact they've made it despite the circumstances actually give them more right?

You're sounding pretty bitter.

That’s just insane. What to even say about football sometimes? Given what the last 24 hours has produced. Speechless.

I’m very glad I stayed away from the scores, as I had a feeling that it would be another classic. Watched the mini match this morning instead, and even though I had a feeling there’d be a twist (Spurs never give up) at half time I must admit I thought it was done.

But then, holy s**t. 2 quickfire goals around the 55 minute mark just like yesterday, changes the whole dynamic. With half an hour still to play, I thought Spurs would nail another one two. But ******* hell, 6 minutes into injury time. Holy s**t.

Amazing viewing. Congratulations Spurs and to both finalists, if it’s anything like this then the final is going to be an absolute belter. Fantastic stuff.

There's nothing wrong with writing off certain individuals who continually aren't up to it. Trippier & Wanyama are the two. Like I said in an earlier post got no problem with Trippier being beaten in the air because he it isn't a physical strength of his, but his decision to leave his man unmarked & then fake an injury in the middle of the field cost us two goals. That's unacceptable and he deserves the **** he cops from Spurs fans. Wanyama is one I personally give an out too because he is no longer physically capable of being a top class DM, doesn't mean we can't call that out and say he isn't good enough.

Apart from those 2 I think the rest have continually risen from stuff ups or quiet patches and it's the reason we are always a chance. Guys like Dele, Lloris, Llorente & Sissoko have been called out as **** many times and apart from Sissoko I think we all thought they'd get back to their best. With Sissoko we never really saw it for 18 months because he was playing out of position!
Trippier was awful and has been for large parts of the season. He did make one goal saving block 2nd half though which was very important. Wanyama just has no more left to give, body given up on him.

Doesn't the fact they've made it despite the circumstances actually give them more right?

You're sounding pretty bitter.
Nope it doesn't because generally there is 1 team in the final who has had a lucky run vs a team who's definitely deserving to be there. The team who deserves to be there always wins

Nope it doesn't because generally there is 1 team in the final who has had a lucky run vs a team who's definitely deserving to be there. The team who deserves to be there always wins

Isn't it fantastic that this final won't be predictable then?

Back