UEFA Champions League 2018/19

Who do you want to win?

• Tottenham

• Liverpool

• Happy with either

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Asian prejudice is real on here. If Son was black with a fro he’d be everyone’s favourite PL player

I just caught up with the Atleti-Juve highlights.

How ******* good is it that while Bonucci was being a pathetic campaigner on the floor trying to con the referee and VAR into thinking he'd been fouled, it was the man that he was supposed to be marking that scored the goal. If he had have actually been doing his job instead of cheating he might have been able to stop the goal.

The Asian prejudice is real on here. If Son was black with a fro he’d be everyone’s favourite PL player

Yeah but I'd * both Sterling and Son off for Robert Snodgrass cos he's a whitey.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah he’s the Willian in reverse. People just don’t equate elite sportsman with being Asian

That's really not it at all. He's just older and not as consistent as Sterling.

Rubbish. And he’s a whopping 18 months older. That’s nothing
IIRC I think Sonny this season is significantly better for mins per goal for both PL and all comps than Sterling. Think Son is somewhere in the 120’s per goal

Hm, for some reason I thought he was closer to 30.

Rubbish what? He's less consistent.
Hes 26, Sterling is 24. There’s around 18 months difference with their age.

Son was inconsistent in his first season in the PL. He’s improved each season he’s been with us. He was a little slow coming out the blocks this season because of that Asian cup thing he played in. Take it from me, I watch nearly all our games, he’ll probably nab our PotY award this season

Hes 26, Sterling is 24. There’s around 18 months difference with their age.

Son was inconsistent in his first season in the PL. He’s improved each season he’s been with us. He was a little slow coming out the blocks this season because of that Asian cup thing he played in. Take it from me, I watch nearly all our games, he’ll probably nab our PotY award this season

I know. As I said I thought he was closer to 30, I'm not debating that with you.

Yeah he's a good player, I never said he wasn't.

Nobody is saying Son is a rubbish player WR, far from it. Only reason I'd take Sterling is because he's younger.

And it's got nothing to do with Son being Asian lol. Couldn't care if he was Greek, Italian, Finnish or freakin' Mongolian. He's a delight to watch and probably in my top 5 favourite players at the moment. Hell, I like him more than majority of the players at my own club!

I just caught up with the Atleti-Juve highlights.

How ******* good is it that while Bonucci was being a pathetic campaigner on the floor trying to con the referee and VAR into thinking he'd been fouled, it was the man that he was supposed to be marking that scored the goal. If he had have actually been doing his job instead of cheating he might have been able to stop the goal.
He can * off back to Milan with that s**t, I’ve defended him all year on other boards but that was pathetic.

Nobody is saying Son is a rubbish player WR, far from it. Only reason I'd take Sterling is because he's younger.

And it's got nothing to do with Son being Asian lol. Couldn't care if he was Greek, Italian, Finnish or freakin' Mongolian. He's a delight to watch and probably in my top 5 favourite players at the moment. Hell, I like him more than majority of the players at my own club!
I was only being semi-serious with the Asian thing (people seem to have turned off their troll detectors this morning). I do think there maybe unconscious bias at play though. We are just not used to seeing Asians tear it up on a soccer pitch.

Anyway, you’re entitled to your opinion, neither of us are going to move from it so best to move on. Being an England and spurs fan I’m probably better placed than anyone on this though, as I have no preference to either and have seen both play for my teams frequently. I’ll leave it at that

I was only being semi-serious with the Asian thing (people seem to have turned off their troll detectors this morning). I do think there maybe unconscious bias at play though. We are just not used to seeing Asians tear it up on a soccer pitch.

Anyway, you’re entitled to your opinion, neither of us are going to move from it so best to move on. Being an England and spurs fan I’m probably better placed than anyone on this though, as I have no preference to either and have seen both play for my teams frequently. I’ll leave it at that

Maybe that's your own initial bias talking? I've never had an issue with seeing Asian players tear it up on a football pitch, and obviously am quite used to it in the A-League and other leagues.

Back