UEFA Champions League 2019/20

Remove this Banner Ad

Disappointing but not a surprising result. Shows we've still got a lot of work to do to catch back up with the elite teams.

Now I know how Arsenal fans feel.

Or London clubs in general. In the last 4 and a half years, Bayern Munich have beaten Arsenal/Tottenham/Chelsea 28-5 since the last time Arsenal beat Bayern 2-0. So if anyone is to blame for Bayern’s dominance over London it is Arsenal for poking the bear.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, this tie is over. 3-0 Bayern.

We've seen a lot of big turnarounds in the Champs League in the couple of seasons but I can only see Bayern increasing their margin.

That's Liverpool, Spurs and Chelsea with 1st leg defeats and City away to Madrid tomorrow. It would be weird if they all got knocked out in the round of 16 when all 4 English clubs got into the quarters last season. I fancy Liverpool to go through, Spurs are not out of it and I can't pick between City and Madrid.

We've seen a lot of big turnarounds in the Champs League in the couple of seasons but I can only see Bayern increasing their margin.

That's Liverpool, Spurs and Chelsea with 1st leg defeats and City away to Madrid tomorrow. It would be weird if they all got knocked out in the round of 16 when all 4 English clubs got into the quarters last season. I fancy Liverpool to go through, Spurs are not out of it and I can't pick between City and Madrid.

The 0-3 deficit to Barca in the semi final last season is one that sticks in everyones memory

The 0-3 deficit to Barca in the semi final last season is one that sticks in everyones memory
Don't forget PSG losing to Barca after a 4-0 first leg, and Barca losing the QF 2 years ago to Roma 0-3 after securing a 4-1 win in the first leg

Premier League teams have really slipped again this season no refuting it. Liverpool will probably turn it around, Chelsea are obviously out and I can’t see us in our current predicament being able to turn it around. City/Madrid is a 50/50 for me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back