Champs Lg UEFA Champions League 2023/24 (Semi Finals) - On Stan

Champions League

Remove this Banner Ad

Were the Belorussian teams also banned the past couple of seasons, or was it only Russian teams that could not compete? I see BATE there in the qualifying rounds so I'm curious.
Just Russia. An odd one really when you consider most other sports have placed similar bans on Belorussian players/participants.

Episode 8 Money GIF by The Simpsons

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I guess UEFA don't really have a choice if they want their product to be the greatest show on Earth.

I wonder if they'll relax FFP to try and keep the best footballers in Europe if they Saudis keep siphoning the talent.
They have a choice because Sponsors will run.

It's predictable that that's what the Saudis would go for. It would face as big a backlash as the European Super League. Even if they managed to bribe enough UEFA officials to make it happen there would be huge protests before any game with a Saudi club.

More likely that Saudis and FIFA will push for further expansions of world club competitions.

UEFA / FIFA rotten to the core but even they would have to do some serious mental gymnastics to allow an Asian club team in the European champions league.

If the Saudis want to leave Asia and join Europe, fair enough, they would just kiss goodbye any chance of qualifying for a WC ever again as the trade off for the champions league spot.

UEFA / FIFA rotten to the core but even they would have to do some serious mental gymnastics to allow an Asian club team in the European champions league.

If the Saudis want to leave Asia and join Europe, fair enough, they would just kiss goodbye any chance of qualifying for a WC ever again as the trade off for the champions league spot.
They should also have to abide by FFP, and 2nd place in their league makes Europa, 3rd place Conference League.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back