UFC on Versus 2: Jones vs. Matyushenko

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep he was the one who scored it for Munoz. At least the blind bastard is consistent I guess, you can always count on that idiot to **** it up.

I think Cecil just keeps it up these days because it's his schtick. Nobody could be so wrong, every....single....time.

Certainly Jones has to be up against a top 5 LHW now. He's monstered everyone in his path. This domination is very rare. I think Rich Franklin / Thiago Silva or winner of Nog/Bader would be a good fight.

Bones would make mince meat out of Franklin or Forrest IMO in similar fashion to what Anderson Silva did to them. This could be Franklins final "title run" and a mauling by Bones could effectively end his career. Not sure Joe Silva will do that.

With Thiago Silva pulling out of 117 with a back injury I think he'll be next in line for Bones, assuming he can get healthy by the end of the year. Rashad said on MMA Live he wants to wait for Shogun to recover to get his title shot; Nog and Bader don't fight until end of September at 119; and Rampage and Machida don't fight til end of November at 123.

Dana will want Bones to fight again before the end of the year so it wouldn't surprise me to see Silva and Bones added to that card 123 card in November. Not sure what Forrest's injury update is after pulling out of 114 but he could be another possibility, may draw decent PPV numbers but would be another mismatch IMO. Given the hype Dana may even headline 124 with Forrest. Hope not.

Luckiest bloke in the LHW division right now is Rashad, who thanks to team allegiances Bones has said he won't fight.

Well after all that info it seems Thiago is the logical next fight. Jones should win, but Silva's ground skills and power make him more than just a silly chance.

The fight I really want to see is Machida and Bones. Hopefully it happens after Machida beats Rampage and Bones beats Silva/Forrest, setting up a Bones vs Shogun title shot (after a healthy Shogun disposes of Rashad).

Ellenberger vs Howard was a great fight. Both guys impressed.

Yeah I thought it was a great fight had a bit of everything. The crowd seemed a bit ignorant as they kept booing every time it went to the ground but I thought they were active when it went to the ground & added a lot to the fight.

Bones manhandles another strong, experienced wrestler... surely it's time for a step up Joe! Him against the Winner of Bader/Lil Nog sounds about right. The winner of this fight can then take on the winner of Rampage/Machida for next shot at the 205 title.

As others have said, Okami looked real good. His striking was as sharp as I've seen it and his wrestling looked great. One more solid win for him (perhaps against the winner of Palhares/Marquardt) and I think a shot at Anderson/Sonnen awaits.

Ellenberger didn't look like he wanted to let his hands go, which I suppose is fair enough against a striker like Howard. Still, a dominant ground performance for him and hopefully a step up against a top 10 opponent is next for him. I think he'd have a great shot against a guy like Swick and that would make for an interesting fight.

Great to see some vintage Gomi in the octagon. Hopefully it's the start of a nice run for him. I had never really liked Tyson for some reason and his petulant display after the fight has added to my dislike for him.

Olivera looked slick as hell on the ground, but will be interested to see how good his stand up is.

Was also stoked to hear Riddle got a win over DeMarques. Was a fan of his on TUF and have followed him with interest since, but thought Johnson was a tricky matchup for him. That he not only got the win but managed the finish is impressive.

Jones is beastly on the ground, looking forward to seeing if they can find somebody to fight him who can stop him from throwing them down and take him into deep waters. Bones vs a prime Chuck would have been a great test.

Munoz was slightly disappointing. His shot by the third round was badly telegraphed. Too much was made of the split decision though, the first round wasn't one-sided or anything and I've seen much worse than giving Munoz the round. I'd like to see Okami against Marquardt or Maia next, the latter needs a new opponent and date after Belcher pulled out of their Fight Night bout with a detached retina.

Ellenberger bullrushed Howard at the start of the fight and got clipped while swinging for the fences, he looked tentative on the feet after that and went for the smarter fight of working the takedowns. Howard's eye was grotesque by the time it was stopped. Ellenberger against Fitch next if he loses to Alves this weekend would be pretty cool.

Great win for Gomi, one of the best KO shots of the year so far. Weak form from Tyson though in completely blowing him off after the fight, Gomi wasn't the one who called the fight off. I'm not overly interested in seeing Gomi vs Sots next, either George gets flattened early in the fight after having a few takedowns stuffed or he gets Gomi down and probably chokes him out rather quickly. Gomi vs Maynard, the winner of Sherk vs Dunham or Edgar if he loses to BJ sounds good, let him fight another wrestler who loves to stand and trade.

I love watching fighters effortlessly transition between subs on the ground so watching Oliveira was great. Then he provided the card's highlight with HELLO NO SPEAK ENGLISH! THANK YOU!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back