Unpopular AFL Opinions

Remove this Banner Ad

It's well known in the gold coast we pissed people off in there

Also Richmond before the 2017 were laughed and mocked by everyone and then when we became good it became a source of insecurity for everyone because they don't like the bullied kid tormenting them and hence subconsciously I believe everyone fans umps afl etc tried to stop it. But we were too good and won flags.

I believe in 2017 and maybe a year after that it wasn't that strong but as we became more successful the afl really wanted to put a stop on it , especially in 2020 when we really pissed them off, and as we aged the bias had huge effects on our results , it cost us games. Especially that elimination final in 2022 , that arc decision was purely s**t.

So yes that's why

jfc. I thought freo fans were delusional and had a chip on their shoulder.

Exactly. Most of the rule changes went against our game plan.

Is this supposed to be sarcastic? If it isn’t, you haven’t done a very good job. The funniest part about all of this is the basic concession is that your generational team couldn’t handle an umpire telling your man on the mark to stay still for half a second and work out a way to deal with it while every other team managed it

It's well known in the gold coast we pissed people off in there

Also Richmond before the 2017 were laughed and mocked by everyone and then when we became good it became a source of insecurity for everyone because they don't like the bullied kid tormenting them and hence subconsciously I believe everyone fans umps afl etc tried to stop it. But we were too good and won flags.

I believe in 2017 and maybe a year after that it wasn't that strong but as we became more successful the afl really wanted to put a stop on it , especially in 2020 when we really pissed them off, and as we aged the bias had huge effects on our results , it cost us games. Especially that elimination final in 2022 , that arc decision was purely s**t.

So yes that's why
Holy s**t this is actually insane. I'm not even gonna bother arguing with that because It's just utterly insane

Holy s**t this is actually insane. I'm not even gonna bother arguing with that because It's just utterly insane
It's because you know deep down it's true.

It was fact we pissed them of during covid. You know that. It was fact that they changed the stand rule because of us. And it's fact we were laughed at prior to 2017

And the dismissive nature that this free kick fiasco has been met with by oppo fans like you just shows that my point is right .

We are so hated that even when there is clear bs against us you get oppo losers crying trying to deny it.

The fact that my post which was originally posted as a thread on the main board but moved to this thread instead shows that the rest of the afl and it's fans don't take it seriously. They are happy with clear corruption because it's their hated club that is getting kicked.

Any other team or sport that has a club with this big of a free kick differential there would be investigations , but for us it's oh it's nothing , oh it's your fault you're too rough.

You'd be pissed if it was your club.

Is this supposed to be sarcastic? If it isn’t, you haven’t done a very good job. The funniest part about all of this is the basic concession is that your generational team couldn’t handle an umpire telling your man on the mark to stay still for half a second and work out a way to deal with it while every other team managed it
If you think it's just that you're having a laugh. It doesn't help when as I originally said frees are not being paid for us when there and being paid against us when it's not there. Yet obviously you choose to ignore it. If it was your team you wouldn't you know that

It's because you know deep down it's true.

It was fact we pissed them of during covid. You know that. It was fact that they changed the stand rule because of us. And it's fact we were laughed at prior to 2017

And the dismissive nature that this free kick fiasco has been met with by oppo fans like you just shows that my point is right .

We are so hated that even when there is clear bs against us you get oppo losers crying trying to deny it.

The fact that my post which was originally posted as a thread on the main board but moved to this thread instead shows that the rest of the afl and it's fans don't take it seriously. They are happy with clear corruption because it's their hated club that is getting kicked.

Any other team or sport that has a club with this big of a free kick differential there would be investigations , but for us it's oh it's nothing , oh it's your fault you're too rough.

You'd be pissed if it was your club.

Dude your team was deliberately playing a style which cost free kicks. And you won 3 flags because of it. Stop sooking.

If you think it's just that you're having a laugh. It doesn't help when as I originally said frees are not being paid for us when there and being paid against us when it's not there. Yet obviously you choose to ignore it. If it was your team you wouldn't you know that

Well actually I do. I follow two codes equally closely.

Mate before last night - and yes I recognise it was 8 weeks not 8 years - we hadn’t won a free kick count this year. And I couldn’t have cared less. I follow a rugby league team notorious for being the most penalised in the comp for a decade and the fact is it just is what is.

In the last 12 years the Roosters have been the most penalised team 4 years, in the top 3 for another 4, and in the top 5 for another 2. Twice they weren’t in the top 5 most penalised times in the last 12 years.

So yeah, I, um, kind of DO, know what you’re talking about. And I don’t care. The fact is that a) I know my team is not disciplined. B) there is no conspiracy. C) it never explains a result

Last edited:
Also can you guys answer the question?
Its been asked a few times now and by other posters too.

Like why would the AFL have this grand conspiracy against Richmond when they're one of the biggest and most profitable clubs in the land. I mean its actually hugely beneficial for the AFL if Richmond are going well cos they bring in big crowds, tv ratings, news etc. So why would the AFL want to stop that?
I remember there was a table from a few years ago, and it showed that Sydney was a clear last on the free kick differential. It covered from about 2004-2017.

Obviously the AFL would want Sydney to do well, so Sydney was clearly being penalised for that congested, multiple stoppage game plan that Roos and Longmire liked to employ.

I don't watch many Richmond games but I guess there's something about their game plan that results in more free kicks against them, less free kicks paid.

The Western Bulldogs should trade the Bont at seasons end.

Stevie J would make a good afl coach.

Hawthorn will win a flag before Carlton.

The Hawks/Saints game in Launceston would have been a better spectacle if Kellie Underwood was commentating.

On SM-S918B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I remember there was a table from a few years ago, and it showed that Sydney was a clear last on the free kick differential. It covered from about 2004-2017.

Obviously the AFL would want Sydney to do well, so Sydney was clearly being penalised for that congested, multiple stoppage game plan that Roos and Longmire liked to employ.

I don't watch many Richmond games but I guess there's something about their game plan that results in more free kicks against them, less free kicks paid.
Amazing that after 7 years of it, with all of those 100's of talking heads, reporters, analysts, muckrakers etc, that none of them have bothered to explore what this supposed game plan is that results in not getting free kicks?

As I've said countless times - it's not the ones that Richmond concedes, it's the ones that they don't get. All those chopped arms, held guernseys, pushes in the back, high tackles, running too fars, deliberates, 50 metre penalties, "not 15's" etc that are (legitimately) paid in favour of the oppo, but withheld from Richmond.

For all the bulls**t analysis that they carry on with in the footy wash-up after or lead-up before each weekend, not a single one of them has uncovered, or even bothered to investigate this. Even with the massive "noise of affirmation" that comes with Richmond's record home crowds across that 7 year period, there's been a bizarre negative differential that belies probability and logic.

Interestingly, across the three grand finals Richmond won in 2017/19/20, the free kick differential was 55-45. Did they decide to play with a markedly different game plan on these days? That they were only -2 diff across the four finals in 2020, including coping with two raucous away crowds, also defies the strange H&A numbers.

Do the umps adjudicate differently when the whole footy world has eyes on a game?

And as for "game plan", as a supporter who attends nearly every Tigers game in Victoria at least, it's been very different across the 7 or 8 seasons of this. For instance, none of the line coaches that were there in 2018 still occupy those roles, and obviously it's a different head coach. At least 80% of the playing list has been turned over during that time as well - the Rance and post-Rance Richmond looked vey different just for starters. And players who have come to Richmond from other clubs have strangely seen a noticeable decline in their free kicks for. Do they suddenly start to beak off at the umps on the field more than they did at their former club, thus bringing on the wrath of the men in white/fluoro?

As an aside, it'll be interesting to see if Dimma's Suns start copping the rough end of the free kick differential over the next couple of seasons. After all, you would think he will be implementing his "undisciplined" footy philosophy on them as well. That's why they got him to the club - to introduce his tried and trusted brand.

Of course, nobody should take anyone that says this is one big conspiracy too seriously, and that these pre-arranged biases are deliberate and cooked up to suppress a team's success. As many here have said, that's cooker talk. There's just too many participants and loose lips involved to pull off such a scandal for starters.

But Richmond obviously do something which creates a reluctance to award the free kicks, 50 metre penalties, ARC decisions etc. And just throwing in "game plan" as the prime rationale is a really weak and groundless argument.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Amazing that after 7 years of it, with all of those 100's of talking heads, reporters, analysts, muckrakers etc, that none of them have bothered to explore what this supposed game plan is that results in not getting free kicks?

As I've said countless times - it's not the ones that Richmond concedes, it's the ones that they don't get. All those chopped arms, held guernseys, pushes in the back, high tackles, running too fars, deliberates, 50 metre penalties, "not 15's" etc that are (legitimately) paid in favour of the oppo, but withheld from Richmond.

For all the bulls**t analysis that they carry on with in the footy wash-up after or lead-up before each weekend, not a single one of them has uncovered, or even bothered to investigate this. Even with the massive "noise of affirmation" that comes with Richmond's record home crowds across that 7 year period, there's been a bizarre negative differential that belies probability and logic.

Interestingly, across the three grand finals Richmond won in 2017/19/20, the free kick differential was 55-45. Did they decide to play with a markedly different game plan on these days? That they were only -2 diff across the four finals in 2020, including coping with two raucous away crowds, also defies the strange H&A numbers.

Do the umps adjudicate differently when the whole footy world has eyes on a game?

And as for "game plan", as a supporter who attends nearly every Tigers game in Victoria at least, it's been very different across the 7 or 8 seasons of this. For instance, none of the line coaches that were there in 2018 still occupy those roles, and obviously it's a different head coach. At least 80% of the playing list has been turned over during that time as well - the Rance and post-Rance Richmond looked vey different just for starters. And players who have come to Richmond from other clubs have strangely seen a noticeable decline in their free kicks for. Do they suddenly start to beak off at the umps on the field more than they did at their former club, thus bringing on the wrath of the men in white/fluoro?

As an aside, it'll be interesting to see if Dimma's Suns start copping the rough end of the free kick differential over the next couple of seasons. After all, you would think he will be implementing his "undisciplined" footy philosophy on them as well. That's why they got him to the club - to introduce his tried and trusted brand.

Of course, nobody should take anyone that says this is one big conspiracy too seriously, and that these pre-arranged biases are deliberate and cooked up to suppress a team's success. As many here have said, that's cooker talk. There's just too many participants and loose lips involved to pull off such a scandal for starters.

But Richmond obviously do something which creates a reluctance to award the free kicks, 50 metre penalties, ARC decisions etc. And just throwing in "game plan" as the prime rationale is a really weak and groundless argument.

further proof of what Jeff Kennett closing all the mental health facilities does to a state.

AFL players should wear SHIRTS not SINGLETS ... every other outdoor winter sport wears shirts.

Last edited:
Caleb Serong will be leading the Brownlow count right now, not Heeney.

Treloar’s tackle on Maurice Rioli was careless and a classic hip drop. In the NRL he would be sin binned and cop a 3 week suspension. His tackle whilst an accident caused a significant injury. This type of tackle should be dealt with, he deserves weeks.

Caleb Serong will be leading the Brownlow count right now, not Heeney.
He'd be a fair way off, as good as his season has been.

Round 1: clear 3 against Brisbane
Round 2: Jackson polls 3 to Serong's 2.
Round 3: Young polls 3 to Serong's 0 or 1
Round 4: Serong probably doesn't poll in a loss to Carlton
Round 5: Chance for 1 against Port. Any more unlikely.
Round 6: can't poll against West Coast
Round 7: 50/50 chance for 3 or 2 with Fyfe agsinst the Dogs
Round 8: outside chance for 3 but likely settles for 2 (Young 3) against Richmond
Round 9: chance of polling 1 vs Sydney in a big loss.

Probably on 10-11 votes at this stage. I'd be stunned if Heeney isn't on at least 16-17.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back