Unsuccessful Freo people in charge of Freo

Remove this Banner Ad

Harsh on Dale Alcock there!
I'm more talking about Peter Bell, successful at Norf, not at Freo, made a Prelim but got beat.
Longmuir, hugely talented, but injuries ruined his career.
Unfortunately, Freo has only been moderately successful when outsiders were in control. Rosich was originally from West Coast, and Ross was from everywhere else. I liked he hated West Coast too

Peter Bell as his 2nd stint as a docker from 2001-2008 was better than his 1st stint with only one game in 1995. Yeah Bell went to North list from 1996-2000. We only made finals in 2003 and 2006 at that point. That 2006 side that got us our 1st ever finals win had a few players with finals experience at other clubs: Jeff Farmer, Peter bell, Josh Carr and Des Headland.

3 of those blokes won premierships before joining freo: Peter bell (1996 and 1999 with North), Des Headland (2002 with Brisbane) and Josh Carr (2004 with Port).

Justin Longmuir played in all 2006 finals too.

Rosich was Originally from the Eagles. Ross Lyon came from Carlton and Swans as an assistant and got some success as a saints coach from 2007-2011 before joining us in 2012.

would even say Chris Connolly had some Success before joining the dockers. Played 84 games for the demons between 1982-89. No finals. He was an asisstant coach under John Northey in 1991 with the demons as they beat essendon in an elim final and lost the next week to west coast.

He coached the eastern Ranges side in the under 18s comp from 1992-5.

He then becomes Hawks ressies coach in 1996-7. in 1998, he was elevated to an assistant coach and stayed there until 2001. Hawks made finals in 2000 and 2001. they won a final in 2000 and 2 in 2001. He becomes the dockers coach in 2002.

We'll see how things go this season, I don't think that it is time to call it a write off just yet.
Haven’t seen a single person calling the season a write off myself?? apart from Freomaniac who thinks we will start 0-5. Unsurprisingly for him I guess.

I’m expecting us to play finals myself. That’s where we should be in this teams development and talent level in 2024. Anything less than that is underperformance and failure in my view and Longmuir should be sacked if that happens.

I don't like to make excuses BUT, FACT, we are a young, inexperienced team. No-one can dispute that in 2023 we have shown good signs of what we are capable of but just can't string it together.
SO, we have to give the Bell/Longmuir team 2024.
If we are still shite this time next year then it is right that we should be looking for a new coach and Belly should probably put his hand up to say he shouldn't be in charge of the looking.
Again.... If the dockers are still bottom 6 at the end of 2024, then Justin Longmuir is likely sacked and some more players will leave.

It's not a healthy circle.

Again.... If the dockers are still bottom 6 at the end of 2024, then Justin Longmuir is likely sacked and some more players will leave.

IF, we have a great year and make the finals, and IF we go all the way, JL will be lauded as the King of Fremantle.No IFs buts or maybe.
Why the negative IF statement.
As I have said many times, we have supporters!!! who will never be happy even when we win a flag.We should have won it before.
Some must be fun to be around.

Would he be sacked though? I mean he should be in that scenario, but with the people around him in senior roles at the club I’m sceptical.

I've somewhat given up on the club, although it's mostly about the Woodside thing. I mean, if they give up on us, why shouldn't we give up on them? Deadset, genuinely, not woke enough. Still, better than that crappy bunch up the coast who swapped the lives of several players for a premiership. Jesus, imagine supporting that.

At any rate, I'd be surprised if the club ever wins a premiership, just cursed really. It'd be a bloody happy surprise tho :)

I've somewhat given up on the club, although it's mostly about the Woodside thing. I mean, if they give up on us, why shouldn't we give up on them? Deadset, genuinely, not woke enough. Still, better than that crappy bunch up the coast who swapped the lives of several players for a premiership. Jesus, imagine supporting that.

At any rate, I'd be surprised if the club ever wins a premiership, just cursed really. It'd be a bloody happy surprise tho :)
You'd stop supporting due to who they chose as a sponsor?

Really...or was it just a bad day?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back