Status
Not open for further replies.
May 14, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Juventus, Arsenal, OKC, Avalanche
Excellent performance in my opinion. Even though Spurs scores twice, from a keeper mistake and a penalty, I never felt they were going to score from open play but every time we went forward it felt like something might happen.

Torreira has to be the signing of the season. He’s been instrumental since coming into the side.

I picked a 4-3 win before the game too! Happy we kept the scoreline down!

May 10, 2007
Bonbeach
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal Fc Portland Trailblazers
Excellent performance in my opinion. Even though Spurs scores twice, from a keeper mistake and a penalty, I never felt they were going to score from open play but every time we went forward it felt like something might happen.

Torreira has to be the signing of the season. He’s been instrumental since coming into the side.

I picked a 4-3 win before the game too! Happy we kept the scoreline down!

I agree 100%, that's why I was so gutted when we trailed at HT.

Genesis67

Premiership Player
Jun 6, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Yankees, N'Orleans Saints, Arsenal
After a long weekend, I fell asleep waiting for the game to start. What a blissful start to the morning. That finish by Auba was sublime and Torreira is quickly becoming my favourite player.

One of the other dad's in my son's cricket team (he and I split the umpiring duties) is a hardcore Spurs fan. Wears his jersey every weekend. He's actually a pretty good bloke and I generally love talking about the weekends results with him. I called 1-1 draw and he called 3-1, along with some crowing.

The boys have training tonight. I'm looking forward to this.... ;););););););)

Marc Murphy

Team Captain
Jun 10, 2009
VIC
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal, Green Bay Packers
Mike Dean, AKA the Razor Ray of the Premier League, penalty stats prior to today:

Utd – 16 in 61 matches, one every 3.81 games.
Chelsea – 12 in 65 matches, one every 5.42 games.
Man City – 11 in 63 matches, one every 5.73 games.
Spurs – 10 in 58 matches, one every 5.80 games.
Arsenal – 3 in 64 matches, one every 21.33 games.

May 10, 2007
Bonbeach
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal Fc Portland Trailblazers
Onto United Thursday morning.

If you offered me a draw now, I would take it.

Yeah shows how bad our mental scarring and record vs United is, I'd take a draw also but we really shouldn't be losing this game. It's a shame Xhaka is suspended, I assume Doozi will come in and partner Torriera.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
Emery isn’t afraid to make the changes in game, I rate this. Even if it means a few subs at half time, he does what he thinks is necessary.

Very refreshing to see, I remember the frustrations with Wenger waiting until the 88th minute to make a sub.

But more so, how many of Emery’s substitutes have come on to score? Or assist? Need to find a stat on this, it’s been very noticeable this season already.

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Emery isn’t afraid to make the changes in game, I rate this. Even if it means a few subs at half time, he does what he thinks is necessary.

Very refreshing to see, I remember the frustrations with Wenger waiting until the 88th minute to make a sub.

But more so, how many of Emery’s substitutes have come on to score? Or assist? Need to find a stat on this, it’s been very noticeable this season already.
I think what's even more is that he has instilled a winning mentality, and the players might actually want to win more than what they did at the end of Wenger's reign.

Feb 1, 2008
Thailand
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Lucas Torreira has the kind of "drive and determination" not seen in an Arsenal shirt since the days of Patrick Vieira, according to Martin Keown.

The midfielder capped off a fine afternoon for his side with his first goal for the club as they beat Tottenham 4-2 on Sunday.

And Keown was impressed by the 22-year-old's display, comparing him to some Gunners icons.

It was the best all-round midfield display I have seen in an Arsenal shirt since Patrick Vieira and Gilberto Silva used to run the show," ex-Arsenal and England defender Keown wrote in The Daily Mail.

"Torreira and Vieira could not be more different in terms of size and stature but their drive and determination is exactly the same.

"From the first whistle the Uruguayan controlled the midfield. He was utterly fearless, demanding the ball at all times, always eager to snap into tackles and snuff out danger.

"His tireless running gave Arsenal an extra body all over the pitch. You got the sense that if he could, he would happily do everyone else’s job!

Oct 4, 2003
Portress
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
I have been to the emirates a few times but that was by far and away the best atmosphere I have experienced there. The fans and players are so united. We showed great resilience after going down (undeservedly).

Could have v easily dropped our heads. In the past wenger would have spent the second half moaning to the 4th official whereas Unai focused on turning it round. Terrific subs and tactics.

Still a touch vulnerable at the back and I feel we lack a real class CB.

The place was absolutely rocking.

I was all set for a new Auba shirt but now it has to be torreira.

It gets better - I jagged a ticket in the away end at OT wed night. We go again

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Tomnat Tigers

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 8, 2009
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Arsenal
Very good win albeit against what I believe to be a very weak Spurs side so hopefully we can back up the performance against United who although similarly average, will be at home and is a fixture where in the past we have struggled regardless of form heading into the game. I think the United game will a far greater test of our character.

The big games we have played in this season have really highlighted how important having a world class striker is and with PEA and Lacazette I think we can nearly say we have two of them. The ability to convert on half chances that fall our way is so vital in big games and as we saw with PEA this morning it can help swing the momentum massively in your favour.

Lastly can't believe Torreira is only 22 years old. No question that he has been the biggest difference for us this season and you would think being so young that there is still plenty of improvement left in him. Which given we also have Douzi who is only 19 and looks to have a big future ahead of him, we look set with our midfield options for at least the next five years, especially seeing as Xhaka only just recently turned 26 and seems to have finally settled in English football albeit with the odd mistake still in his arsenal.

dirty2

F*** the southern power
Nov 6, 2016
Bar Rossa
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Arsenal
I have been to the emirates a few times but that was by far and away the best atmosphere I have experienced there. The fans and players are so united. We showed great resilience after going down (undeservedly).

Could have v easily dropped our heads. In the past wenger would have spent the second half moaning to the 4th official whereas Unai focused on turning it round. Terrific subs and tactics.

Still a touch vulnerable at the back and I feel we lack a real class CB.

The place was absolutely rocking.

I was all set for a new Auba shirt but now it has to be torreira.

It gets better - I jagged a ticket in the away end at OT wed night. We go again

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
You lucky bastard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back