Up the Arse! Goons Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Started with 3/5 at the back + two holding mids against a team that conceded 9 not so long ago and still should've conceded at least 4 if Southampton weren't so s**t. We were also very lucky to even score 2 and created nothing for most of the game. We couldn't even play out from the back in ******* stoppage time! It was almost comical, at one point we had most of the team forward of the ball with Laca in midfield looking for someone to pass to.

Emery's so effectively destroyed the confidence of every player in the side that I doubt anyone other than Leno actually knows what their role is now. If he doesn't go now there'll be a mass exodus with no money to bring new players in. Better hope Martinelli, Saka, Saliba, Willock etc. are up to carrying the side because they might have to next season.

Lacazette is one of the best finishers inside the 6 yard box I have ever seen. Ozil is a **** who has decided to start putting in because Arsenal want to sell him but nobody wants to pay his $(AUS)673,500 PER WEEK wages, so he's put himself in the shop window to try and con some moronic club to buy him, pay him close to what he's getting now so he can live on easy street again for 3 more years.

Sokratis has gone from a fairly decent, tough center half to a nervous wreck and he shouldn't play again for the Arsenal. Luiz should have never played for The Arsenal. He is the most disgraceful defender that I've ever seen play for Arsenal and that includes all the s**t that we've had over the years. At least all the other garbage had some idea even though they weren't good enough - this f**k whit Luiz has no idea and him getting a guernsey week in and week out shows just how incompetent Emery is. Oppositions can't wait to play Arsenal with Luiz in the team. Not only are they playing against 9 outfield players, they also get assisted by that useless piece of s**t.

Tierney is a star and I never thought I would ever say this, but he is too good for Arsenal; that's how f***ed we are.

Started with 3/5 at the back + two holding mids against a team that conceded 9 not so long ago and still should've conceded at least 4 if Southampton weren't so s**t. We were also very lucky to even score 2 and created nothing for most of the game. We couldn't even play out from the back in ******* stoppage time! It was almost comical, at one point we had most of the team forward of the ball with Laca in midfield looking for someone to pass to.

Emery's so effectively destroyed the confidence of every player in the side that I doubt anyone other than Leno actually knows what their role is now. If he doesn't go now there'll be a mass exodus with no money to bring new players in. Better hope Martinelli, Saka, Saliba, Willock etc. are up to carrying the side because they might have to next season.
He could have started with 9 million defenders but if two of them had been Luiz and Sokratis, it wouldn't have made one bit of difference, we still would have/ always will concede goals. If Emery had played his usual 4-3-3, Ings and Redmond would have had a field day, even more-so than this morning.

Still hoping for a back 4 at some point of Bellerin, Holding, Chambers and Tierney.

Doesn’t look like happening anytime soon however.
That combo could well save Emery from being lynched by the fans Glen because it seems that the gutless wonders in charge of the club won't be sacking him.

I'd be willing to bet that the transformation of the team would be miraculous. The key to improving the side out of sight is to get Luiz out of sight and to let Sokratis get his confidence back playing in the 2's.

I wouldn't even mind Mavropanos coming into center back with Chambers going to right back and Bellerin on the transfer list - might get some decent doe for that pretender to finance a centerback at least.

The heart of the defence, along with the goalkeeper, is what you build a team around and if the center back(s) is/are absolute crap, the rest of the team is a shambles. I've seen enough of Leno to be convinced that he is adequate. The thing I like about him is that even if he makes a blue, he gets over it instantly and gets on with being at his best after that. That is vital for all players but for 'keepers, it's absolutely imperative.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Helluva lot of noise at the moment. Matt Law reportng that support for Emery in the dressing room is wearing increasingly thin.

If the Times were a solid Arsenal source, I'd be excited:

EKLDL6GXsAAmb7M

Just waiting for Ornstein's inevitably demoralising piece in the Athletic. "Edu/Raul still 100% behind Emery. The club are just as concerned about the results as the fans are, however the board are intent on giving the Spaniard time to turn things around. Arsenal's board categorically deny any plans for a new manager whatsoever."

Give it to Freddie until the end of the season. After that, I don't know. Allegri? Maybe too defensive for Arsenal's liking. Better than what we have now.

Give it to Freddie until the end of the season. After that, I don't know. Allegri? Maybe too defensive for Arsenal's liking. Better than what we have now.

Freddie?
I don’t want untried managers to waste the rest of the season.

If the manager gets sacked I want the new manager to come in straight away.

Freddie?
I don’t want untried managers to waste the rest of the season.

If the manager gets sacked I want the new manager to come in straight away.
The season is already a waste. And in what world is our frankly incompetent board going to have an adequate replacement lined up?

If we were simply going to focus on the given the kids exposure for the rest of the season then Freddie would be the right choice but we are not at that point yet. I do think he could make a decent manager one day though. Outside of him Arteta and Poch are the two best candidates for the job given our current circumstances. Poch is proven but may not want to manage us while Arteta is unproven but would probably jump at the chance and I do think he will make an excellent manager. As for Brendan Rodgers unless he has a get out cause I don't think he is realistic at this point, during the off season perhaps but not now.

End of the day it could be any of those guys and I would be happy as it won't be Emery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back