Up the Arse! Goons Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Brentford are tricky. They've dropped points against Leicester, Fulham, Everton and Crystal Palace, which on the face of it isn't great reading. I feel their win against ManU is a little inflated, but they looked good against Leeds. At their home ground makes them dangerous, but I feel they are team that leak goals. Partey in is going to be a big plus defensively.

Arsenal are contemplating a move for a free agent midfielder, 90min understands, with former Lille man Xeka being offered to the Gunners and other Premier League clubs.

After failing with a handful of transfer deadline day bids for Aston Villa's Douglas Luiz, manager Mikel Arteta has confessed that he could still do with more players after Mohamed Elneny was ruled out with a significant thigh injury.

Thomas Partey has also been out through injury but is understood to be back in training ahead of a possible return to action against Brentford at the weekend.

With the transfer market now closed until January, players not currently under contract at another club are the only possible way for Arteta to bolster his squad and sources have confirmed to 90min that the Gunners are exploring their options in the free agent market.

Perhaps the top midfield asset yet to find a club is 27-year-old Xeka, who left Lille in the summer with 144 appearances for the French side under his belt. His representatives have reached out to a number of Premier League clubs about a possible emergency signing.

Arsenal are one of those clubs to have been contacted although they are yet to make any firm offers and are instead exploring all the possibilities for their next move.

Arsenal are contemplating a move for a free agent midfielder, 90min understands, with former Lille man Xeka being offered to the Gunners and other Premier League clubs.

After failing with a handful of transfer deadline day bids for Aston Villa's Douglas Luiz, manager Mikel Arteta has confessed that he could still do with more players after Mohamed Elneny was ruled out with a significant thigh injury.

Thomas Partey has also been out through injury but is understood to be back in training ahead of a possible return to action against Brentford at the weekend.

With the transfer market now closed until January, players not currently under contract at another club are the only possible way for Arteta to bolster his squad and sources have confirmed to 90min that the Gunners are exploring their options in the free agent market.

Perhaps the top midfield asset yet to find a club is 27-year-old Xeka, who left Lille in the summer with 144 appearances for the French side under his belt. His representatives have reached out to a number of Premier League clubs about a possible emergency signing.

Arsenal are one of those clubs to have been contacted although they are yet to make any firm offers and are instead exploring all the possibilities for their next move.

From which source is that? Haven't come across 90min as yet, unless they are quoting someone else?

The club is certainly short in a couple of areas and injuries to ESR, Elneny, Zinchenko, Partey etc are really going to be a problem if others go down over the next month. I don't know much about Xeka however and at 27, not sure he would meet the profile Arteta/Edu are looking for.

From which source is that? Haven't come across 90min as yet, unless they are quoting someone else?

The club is certainly short in a couple of areas and injuries to ESR, Elneny, Zinchenko, Partey etc are really going to be a problem if others go down over the next month. I don't know much about Xeka however and at 27, not sure he would meet the profile Arteta/Edu are looking for.
There are multiple sources, none that I would say are solid. It's a quiet period at the mmoment, might just be someone looking for copy.

Instead of cancellations maybe they could have used the games, especially Arsenals, to honour the Queens life.
I thought this initially too, but when you deep dive into the logistics in London at the moment, their police force is in the middle of a s**t show. Official word may have been 'as a mark of respect', but fact is they can't police it.

I thought this initially too, but when you deep dive into the logistics in London at the moment, their police force is in the middle of a s**t show. Official word may have been 'as a mark of respect', but fact is they can't police it.

London at the moment sounds very chaotic, and resources fully stretched. I think though last week the matches should have gone ahead over the weekend, like many other sports did. Just my opinion, that they got that one wrong however I know its easy to say from afar as an Australian with no affinity whatsoever to the royal family. And it would be a passionate topic either way for people in the UK.

No Odegaard, Partey back though is huge.

"Martin Odegaard misses Arsenal trip to Brentford with knock from training last weekend which didn’t allow captain to work properly in the week. Oleksandr Zinchenko also out with a small problem. Neither believed to be serious."

305927754_5121770807933438_6545576249544450628_n.jpg

No Odegaard is a blow, Partey back is huge. Keen to see Vieira start in that position.

Some academy boys on the bench, squad is starting to look light now with these injuries/absences tallying up.

Still; that’s a strong enough XI and a marked difference to the last visit to Brentford on opening day last season.

520B736A-9A05-4F94-9200-4DD078B6AFA8.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back