HODGEYROAD

Brownlow Medallist
May 10, 2007
Bonbeach
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal Fc Portland Trailblazers
Are we sticking to recruiting u'24s still? Or does Arsenal start bringing in more experienced 'last contract' players like, say, W. Zaha?

I think our squad demographic is in such a good place now we can go whatever way, as long as the players are of quality.

andana

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 1, 2008
Thailand
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Zinnys wife who is a journalist interviewed fellow Ukrainian Mykhaylo Mudryk.

Mudryk has already opened the door to a future move to north London, and he appears to be a big fan of Arteta’s side.

“I follow Arsenal closely, they’re a very dynamic side,” he said. “One surprise for me was how many Arsenal fans followed me. No other club’s fans have interacted as much as them”.

Kipz

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 5, 2008
Suzi Olsen's fridge
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Gooners

Mudryk has already opened the door to a future move to north London, and he appears to be a big fan of Arteta’s side.

“I follow Arsenal closely, they’re a very dynamic side,” he said. “One surprise for me was how many Arsenal fans followed me. No other club’s fans have interacted as much as them”.
Arsenal fans have also tracked down where he said this and what store outlet the chair came from that he was sitting in when he did the interview

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees

Going to be a bit of a saga with this one, even his teammates are saying he’s going to end up at Arsenal.

I’d imagine Newcastle will throw a truckload of money at him too.

dirty2

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 6, 2016
Bar Rossa
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Arsenal

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
What sort of player is he? I have no idea who he is.

Right footed winger who mostly plays on the left side for Shakhtar. Supposedly ridiculously quick and has been putting up excellent numbers in their league and the champions league for a player of his age. Can’t claim to watch him closely or anything like that, more so I continually hear his name mentioned when discussing potential signings for Arsenal.

Genesis67

Premiership Player
Jun 6, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Yankees, N'Orleans Saints, Arsenal
Ok ya sold him to me... (Yeah highlights can make me look good) but he looks like he definitely has something.
My only concern is where does he fit alongside Saka and Martinelli? Just rotating the three (and 4 once ESR returns)?

dirty2

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 6, 2016
Bar Rossa
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Arsenal
My only concern is where does he fit alongside Saka and Martinelli? Just rotating the three (and 4 once ESR returns)?
We do need to rotate more... So as long as they are all getting plenty of mins it should be ok... But don't they want something like £86m for him? If so can't see that happening.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

charcoalchicken

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 16, 2010
President of Terror Squad
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Arsenal
We do need to rotate more... So as long as they are all getting plenty of mins it should be ok... But don't they want something like £86m for him? If so can't see that happening.
His agent has come out and said what they are asking for is ridiculous, so his fee might get brought down

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams

We need to be thinking beyond that. With ambitions to play champions league next season, we can’t rotate as heavily as we’ve have been in the EL.

As we’ve seen so far this season, the style of play and system has evolved beyond the likes of Cedric and Holding etc, the entire level of the squad needs to elevate further to sustain challenges on multiple fronts.
Absolutely there’s enough minutes to go around for them.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams

Beat me to it. Definitely warranted and earned. Had my doubts about his appointment early. Has proven me wrong, done a lot of good work.

At the time, those question marks were valid I reckon. Some of the transactions a few years ago (eg Willian), the optics of his relationships with certain agents etc. His tenure started off a bit rocky however since then the results have been considerably better. Thisb promotion also secures his position at Arsenal for the medium/long term and staves off approaches from other clubs circling and looking to emulate Arsenal's rebuild. Another sound business decision made here by Josh/Vinai etc.

HODGEYROAD

Brownlow Medallist
May 10, 2007
Bonbeach
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal Fc Portland Trailblazers
Monday, November 28

Brazil (Jesus, Martinelli) v Switzerland (Xhaka)
Stadium 974
4pm

Arsenal F.C.
1st in Premier League

I'm mindful of every match involving Arsenal players, I don't want to see any injuries.

bok_party

Norm Smith Medallist
May 14, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Juventus, Arsenal, OKC, Avalanche

Not sure if anyone has seen. Mini series about our academy.

Remove this Banner Ad