Updated Club Song

Pick one

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I would assume we wanted a decent song when we engaged BOT and they didn't hold up that end of the bargain
Issue with that is if you believe Hamish Brayshaw's story, the higher ups at the club were patting themselves on the back and loved it when they revealed the new song to the players.

Thinking more about how to fix the current version, I think increasing the verses to about 1.25 speed and speeding up the chorus a fraction might improve it a bit.
The slow and relaxed pace of the song is the biggest issue imo.
And perhaps the option of replacing the vocalist (and some of the verse lyrics) further down the line.

Thinking more about how to fix the current version, I think increasing the verses to about 1.25 speed and speeding up the chorus a fraction might improve it a bit.
The slow and relaxed pace of the song is the biggest issue imo.
And perhaps the option of replacing the vocalist (and some of the verse lyrics) further down the line.
I know how to fix it better...throw it in the f**king bin

Pyke has previously mentioned in an interview(s) that changing the song isn’t as simple as say reintroducing the banner. For reasons he didn’t elaborate on, it’s more complicated and takes time

From what he said he’s well aware the current song isn’t popular so it’ll be changed eventually just not ad quickly as some would hope

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pyke has previously mentioned in an interview(s) that changing the song isn’t as simple as say reintroducing the banner. For reasons he didn’t elaborate on, it’s more complicated and takes time

From what he said he’s well aware the current song isn’t popular so it’ll be changed eventually just not ad quickly as some would hope
I actually like the song.....as a song.

Were any of you guys at Optus Saturday night? You could tell the crowd wanted to sing our song with gusto but it’s new melody and tone just sucks the wind out of you.
Was at home but it's the same regardless of location. You want to belt out the club song after a win but you just can't sing to the BoT tune. It doesn't lend itself to the amped-up feelings of victory and pride - its too mellow.

Were any of you guys at Optus Saturday night? You could tell the crowd wanted to sing our song with gusto but it’s new melody and tone just sucks the wind out of you.

Yep was fortunate to be at the game ...

Not only does nobody sing the beginning of our club song but the actual part everyone likes is not really sung with the same energy as the last.

The "we're the big BUUUURDS, KINGS of the BIIIIIIIG GAAAAAAME!" used to be the high point of our club song when everyone would erupt (it's kinda like our "YELLOW AND BLACK" part of the Richmond song).
That eruption is now gone.

It really shows how much our club has had to fix and work on lately when the fact that our members don't sing our song after win is considered a 'we'll sort that later' thing...

You can clearly hear in the replay no one is singing that first part and it's quite quiet then in the chorus people join in louder.

It needs to go back to just the chorus, the section the players sing and just have that on repeat loudly

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back