2024 WCE Squad (Updated through the off-season)

Remove this Banner Ad

Who else are we paying? Got to pay someone overs given the current state of our list.

I'm pleased we kept him, there's a fair void of players in his age bracket and has shown he can at least 'compete' at AFL level.
Yeah I’m a bit meh! about him. But the club might’ve taken account of his sickness and the delicate relationship with the family. Not unreasonably I’d add.

Hopefully we can at minimum double our wins

Would 6 wins in 2024 be an improvement/decent?

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
I would have thought 5 wins would be considered the bare minimum.

If we got 7 wins like Hawthorn this year I'd consider the season a positive one.

Fact is we need at least another year hitting the draft at the pointy end so jagging a few more wins to get to the 9-12 range isn't in our best interests.....

Unless that improvement is being driven by the under 22s which would indicate we already have the core young talent we need for our next Premiership.

Great sticky, gives an interesting snapshot of the list.

How many list spots do we currently have available (main list + rookies)? Given our draft picks (1, 22, 36, 43, 57, 62+), how many are we planning on using?

Great sticky, gives an interesting snapshot of the list.

How many list spots do we currently have available (main list + rookies)? Given our draft picks (1, 22, 36, 43, 57, 62+), how many are we planning on using?
Thanks 🙂

At the moment we have 32 players on the main list, 3 rookies, 2 cat b rookies. Trew yet to re-sign however.

We have 6 main list spots to fill, and one rookie spot. If we sign Brockman as expected that would suggest we will take 5 players in the national draft, and 1 player in the rookie draft.

Trew is the interesting one though. Fairly sure as he has been re-rookied previously he cannot be again. So, he would need to be promoted to the main list.

This would change it to 5 main list spots, and two rookie spots. 4 taken in the national draft if we sign Brockman

Clearly making finals 2024.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
That's my analysis too.
Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I posted this in wrong thread, then found yours -

"I've lost track of who is a part of the WCE team now, including rookies etc - the entire playing group? Even before the draft there were a couple of names I was unfamiliar with.
The team list at WCE site still has NN and others on it.
Anyone have the complete players list with field positions, including all the draftees, rookies, maybes, hangers-on etc?"

Appreciate the ongoing updates!

Last edited:
Looks like it.

Not sure who the rookie is who has been promoted to the regular squad. Must be one of them as we are only allowed 6 rookies in total.

We only have 37 on the main list so can have 5 rookies (Trew, Culley, Maric, Baker and Rawlinson) and 2 Cat B rookies (Dewar and Livingstone)

Can't believe Rotham is still on our list? He's a wily fox, a lucky man or an improved player...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back