Vale Lou Richards

Remove this Banner Ad

Lou carrying Mick Nolan down Errol St after North beat Collingwood.

18425381_1322715377765662_148295298956554552_n.jpg

Nice thought from Garry Lyon in the FC tribute, that it's an opportunity for all the football media to reflect on what made Lou great and so loved - kindness, humour and not taking himself and the game too seriously.

I heard Sandy Roberts and Peter Landy interviewed on SEN and one them recalled Lou saying "two things in this life are free - fresh air and civility". There are plenty in footy media and outside it that could take something from that thought.

Twinkletoes - TokH

Sex'n'drugs, drunken APS private school types and rock'n'roll truly s**t music.

EFA mate.

I used to see Lou park outside Romeos restaurant across the road, where he'd often meet up with an old colleague, waving and saying g'day to all of the locals. He looked like a mini man alighting from such a massive car too.

EFA mate.

I used to see Lou park outside Romeos restaurant across the road, where he'd often meet up with an old colleague, waving and saying g'day to all of the locals. He looked like a mini man alighting from such a massive car too.

Yes. Working there was like a war zone. Without the death and horror - a warzone full of random hot girls on your break, stupid songs and lines off the managers desk. None of us were APS kids when we went to school either. It was a tight crew of people to work with for a while. We all got on great cos we hated the joint. So many hot chicks tho. It was like they went to TokH while in high school then graduated to Silvers in their early 20s.

On the plus side I got to see Vanilla Ice live tho. : pukeface vomiting

Yes. Working there was like a war zone. Without the death and horror - a warzone full of random hot girls on your break, stupid songs and lines off the managers desk. None of us were APS kids when we went to school either. It was a tight crew of people to work with for a while. We all got on great cos we hated the joint. So many hot chicks tho. It was like they went to TokH while in high school then graduated to Silvers in their early 20s.

On the plus side I got to see Vanilla Ice live tho. : pukeface vomiting

Ah yes, and most of the hot chicks were named Fleur, Prue, Mim etc.

Funny isn't the word I used to describe it.

As a person who spent many a night in the place in my younger years (as a patron rather than a staff member), it's probably the first word that comes to mind for me.

Of course my excuse was that I was merely trying to get in the pants of Fleur and Prue and co.

I don't remember their names actually.

Is that bad???

:cool:

There was always a Mikaeyla or two in there.

Encore commentary of Lou & Pete behind the mike: Enjoy!! Pre-Carey Days were exciting as well.. esp this contest. The Krakouer Bros on show!! North had a swag of interstate superstars.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back