Vale Sam Newman

Remove this Banner Ad

bullshit it became victim of the same old channel 9 crap about flogging dead horses 20 years beyond their shelf life. The fact that their are neanderthal who still pine for Hey Hey to come back and laugh at Sam is irrelevant. These are the sort of people who wear footy shorts at the pool.

Wait, some men care what other men wear to the pool?

2if088.jpg

“People have a right to say whatever they like about me, or this show or people on it."

Alrighty then.

He looks like an old leather handbag with a pineapple in it and I would be happier if he died.
I think they stretched his scrotum over his face.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The show was never cool, edgy or funny in a non-PC way. It was always bad, and relied on poor jokes and F-grade pub tradie banter to attract a stupid audience.

Now that audience have purchased Netflix subscriptions.

Nice attempt at resuscitation by Eddie the business king, maybe try investing your time in to something with upside - like your family!
Great avatar:D

The naysayers either forget or weren't even born when the show was in its prime.
There are many reasons for its gradual demise.
It started going downhill after Eddie left. JB and Lyon turned it into the show with the boys club humour it is now known for.
Then they sacked Trevor.
Then came broadband internet and social media, which killed one of the niches the show had as the source of breaking news. These days journalists fall over themselves to be the one to break the big stories, true or not.
And of course, people could just check the AFL website to see the team line ups, rather than sit through the entire show.
Then with social media came the rise of the sensitive PC hipster douchebag who feels the need to be offended on everybody's behalf.
Then they had to drop Street Talk for the same reason - even though the people interviewed appeared of their own accord and generally Sam talking to them and subsequently being on TV would make their day.
Then of course the Lyon/Brownless scandal left producers scrambling to find a replacement for Garry. Enter Hutchy and Maddern.
Then roping in Dave Hughes to bring back the magic list when Trev went. It worked as well as you would expect it to.
Finally, light entertainment just doesn't bring in ratings these days. People are more entertained watching people cook/renovate/survive the jungle while bitching and backstabbing each other and manufacturing drama.
Speaking of Netflix, it's another reason the show and commercial TV in general is losing viewers fast.
Yes but the Front Bar gets good ratings

Is this you?

1wkac0.jpg
I hope the liberals dont cut off Medicare,or you might be in trouble.Obviously you must be a wealthy gent ,who started and runs his own business, a self motivator spreading his wealth alturistically throughout society. Thanks to people like you, we have a caring prosperous country.

I hope the liberals dont cut off Medicare,or you might be in trouble.Obviously you must be a wealthy gent ,who started and runs his own business, a self motivator spreading his wealth alturistically throughout society. Thanks to people like you, we have a caring prosperous country.

SJW.JPG

I fixed the poor spelling, grammar and punctuation for you. You're welcome.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back