Workshop Vexillology - A Place for Flags

Remove this Banner Ad

Melbourne's flag isn't too horrific. I'd say the way the St. George's Cross is done well for something which was ripped off England (who ripped it from Genoa). The emblems probably need a makeover, not the best job done there. Maybe use as little of the colour palette as possible, as stated in the video, the less colours the better. Other than that, for a flag you'd hardly ever see let alone wave, it's alright.
View attachment 609146

It took me a while to realise Melbourne City FC based their logo on this ^^

220px-Melbourne_City_FC.svg.png

Melbourne City makes the Melbourne flag look tolerable, which is a shame since it is Melbourne City

Brisbane on the other hand is just...View attachment 609269
On one hand, at least I now know why Brisbane Bullets have their colour scheme, but on the other ha- wait... are those pretzels on a flag?

Here's a proposed flag for the European Union. The only way to describe it is disgustingly majestic. In case it isn't clear, it's the flags of all EU nations stretched side-by-side.

Reminds me of this

Having been watching Eurovision since 2009, one of the many things I like are the creative ways they use the countries flag in the postcards before each performance. Some years they'll just have something that's just the same colour as the flag while other years re-create the flag like in 2013/14. Those 2 I'll put here and implore you to look at the others.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Never liked that one because of the use of white and yellow next to each other. Metals (white and yellow) should never be placed next to or on top of other metals.
Interesting. I was curious if any national flags broke that rule and there's a few, including Brunei, Comoros, Philippines and Vatican City

Remove this Banner Ad

Back