2nds VFL Geelong v Box Hill @ Simonds Stadium 11am saturday [TAC Cup C/R]

Remove this Banner Ad

Still looks a good side but rivers, kersten and cunico in there and that is a very good team.
Good to have another of the LTI players out on the field hoping for another successful return.

Be good to see Vardy get some more time in the ruck if he's going to play afl this year you'd think he'd need to be able to spend a but of time there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not expecting to see him this year to be honest. He's missed too much footy.

Think it would depend on our ladder situation. If we are going to make finals & the club is happy with how Blitz/Walker (probably not Clark you'd think) are going you'd think he wouldn't come in.

If not going to make finals then perhaps there could be an incentive in bringing him in the last round of the season to let him get the feel for AFL again before getting ready for a full pre-season.

Obviously he & Menz are different situations but IF Menz returns against St. Kilda, Vardy may return against Crows in the final round as he returned in the VFL side 2 weeks after Menz too.

Guess we'll see but I'd personally like to see Vardy play an AFL game or two before season's end, though I'm not expecting him to.

In terms of the VFL side, hoping Gore & Jansen can have big games. Also Menz too so they'd have to bring him back in the AFL team against the Saints!

Hope Rivers is okay! Kersten just another week off resting that toe but should be back in VFL side next week. Cunico hopefully just a rest.

Good luck Delaney in your return!

Scott has stated that the plan is to play mental and Vardy in the afl.
But I agree that we do t want to risk him for his sake and the team.
Does that harm his chances of staying on the list next year though?

Scott has stated that the plan is to play mental and Vardy in the afl.
But I agree that we do t want to risk him for his sake and the team.
Does that harm his chances of staying on the list next year though?
From memory it was in a presser and someone asked him if it was planned for Menz to play AFL this year.
He said yes, and that all going to "plan" they'd love to see AFL for Vardy and Cowan, but that there are no guarantees that it will actually happen.
I think this was before Vardy have even played VFL.

Vardy would surely have to have an exceptional few weeks to work his way back up.
Menzel will come into consideration but is he an automatic selection if he has another quiet VFL game?
Barring injury Cowan could be firmly in the mix ahead of Vardy given he's not coming from as far back as the others.

But is Cowan in the best team? Menzal is for sure in my book it's fairly unknown with Cowan considering how little we've seen of him. There should be an opportunity to give him at least one game I guess to see where he's at.
The thing that makes Vardy come into consideration is the position he plays if we could get some help in the ruck/forward role we could free up Blicavs to play midfield.
But I agree Vardy would have to push pretty hard to get a spot we certainly don't want to be in another final with a ruckman going down.
Interesting Mitch Clark was posting yesterday on his photography facebook page and was asked when he'd be back. He replied he was looking forward to playing again soon whatever that means, he's running out of time to be back this year but his comments implied he'd be back this year.

Personally id like to see him traded to brisbane for steph martin. hopefully they overrate him as much as some on this board do.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back