2nds VFL Round 13 Geelong v Footscray Saturday 15 July, 2017, 7:00pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Sounds like Webb has had a tag two weeks in a row

5UH38Zy.png

hBGbHYB.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i think the twitter feed indicated that he was pulled out of game early as the match day emergency for the Carlton game.
Yes, that was reported earlier in this thread too.

If Hamilton really was on the brink of selection (who knows?) taking him off at half time is a hard call for MC to make because it effectively stops any form momentum that he may have. It almost certainly condemns him to a further week at VFL level if he wants to press his claims for promotion.

My theory is that because the VFL game was played first they had to have a sacrificial lamb who would have to miss most of his VFL game and although not expected to be required, could still make some sort of contribution at AFL level if there was a late withdrawal.

It was probably more important to longer term plans to get a full game into players like Webb, Clay Smith, Cloke and Dickson than Hamilton.

Hence Hamilton was probably not on the verge of senior selection IMO.

How was Tweedie? Any injuries?
slowly progressing to understanding the tempo of VFL footy and getting his body right
He's still 12 weeks behind most players

Do you see AFL potential?
I do see that potential once he gets a full pre-season under his belt, he's a strong marker and has great tank when he was fully fit a few years back.
Though the Footscray forward 50 entries don't help him out since Tweed is more of a lead up forward instead of a pack marker

I do see that potential once he gets a full pre-season under his belt, he's a strong marker and has great tank when he was fully fit a few years back.
Though the Footscray forward 50 entries don't help him out since Tweed is more of a lead up forward instead of a pack marker

For mine he showed a couple of glimpses in the Collingwood game (crashed a few packs etc) but nothing outside of that. I'd be surprised if he got a second year.

For mine he showed a couple of glimpses in the Collingwood game (crashed a few packs etc) but nothing outside of that. I'd be surprised if he got a second year.
From my understanding hes already got a second year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back