Vlaustiun - lock for the Rising Star?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Good Lord this kid is good!!!!!!!!!!!. So much composure under pressure, and the skills, oh the skills, serious man wood

This week's nomination or the overall award? Hard to imagine anyone being a lock for the overall award with O'Meara running around doing his stuff (other than O'Meara, if anyone is a lock at this stage).

EDIT: Just checked and see that he got a nomination, so you're obviously referring to the overall award.:eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like the look of the kid, but the roles he plays will probably discount how many votes he racks up unless something changes between now and the end of the season. Someone like O'Meara, Wines and Whitfield are more exposed to the better opposition. That isn't Vlaus' fault or Richmond's, sides that aren't realistically playing for a spot in the finals can afford to 'blood' kids in prominent positions.

I like the look of the kid, but the roles he plays will probably discount how many votes he racks up unless something changes between now and the end of the season. Someone like O'Meara, Wines and Whitfield are more exposed to the better opposition. That isn't Vlaus' fault or Richmond's, sides that aren't realistically playing for a spot in the finals can afford to 'blood' kids in prominent positions.

Playing midfield not good enough?

Jaeger would be winning it comfortably at the moment
Behind him is probably Wines- who would have been killing it 5 weeks ago, but has hit the wall and will be very unlikely to win it IMO
Vlaustiun would be clear third and soon to be second given his upward trajectory and Wines' slump. Additionally, I don't think Vlaustiun has played as many games as some of his counterparts?

Those are top 3 atm, followed by Whitfield (has he been nominated?) and probably GHS who isn't getting enough games to contend seriously.

I imagine it's out of Jaeger (the likely winner) and Vlaustiun at the moment. But that first gamer for Sydney on the weekend could make a serious charge in the second half of the season, particularly if the two aforementioned favourites hit the proverbial brick wall.

Have I forgotten anybody else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back