U18 Champs WA v SA U19's Championship game, Saturday 1PM (AWST), Game being broadcast on AFL Youtube

Remove this Banner Ad

WA Bests consist of Bazzo, Amiss, Johnson, JVR, Tunstill, South rn I'd say, but very even contribution across the board for them, SA a little easier to group with Roberts, Liddy, Ferres and I reckon Litster has been impressive, JHF not winning much of it but what can ya do
I thought Draper was really good in the first as well, even if he was quieter in the second

Its interesting i said at start of year i rated Bazzo a top ten talent and best key defender in the draft.
He is a terrific kick good pace can play one on one lockdown or inceptor lots of strings to his bow
And on Jye Amiss said he is wa best key forward all year but others like knightmare and so on didnt rate him,
probably because he hasnt been part of WA academy

Amiss:!he’s a good mover, great hands, and a beautiful natural kick

Bazzo reminds me of Corey Enright tbh

WA V SA Half Time (36-17)

WA have dominated in general, they have the better midfield, better ruck and better talls around the ground

WA Best so far:
Dittmar - physical beast of a midfielder, putting Horne-Francis to shame, great game and is definitely boosting his draft stocks (1 goal)
Johnson - sublime foot skills and has been the catalyst of many quality forward entries for WA
Amiss - the best leading forward on the ground and capped it off with a special goal from the boundary on the run 40m out, reminds me of a couple of years ago when Ky Pickett and Elijah Hollands kicked similar goals (2 goals)
Tunstill - throws himself in the contest and has used the footy particularly well, have heard about him, but this is the first time ive seen him in a full game and he has been a pleasant surprise
Van Rooyen - has a few intercept marks and good spoils, dominating off of half back and looking really good, will boost his draft stocks as well imo
Chipper - last minute call up and has been good off half back and wing for WA, linked well with important gathers and linking with team mates
Bazzo - intercept/spoiling playing pretty well for WA so far

a few others playing well so far, Benning, Regan and Browne (Sheldrick, Warner, South, Woewodin, Motlop and Hough doing ok)

SA Best so far:
Roberts - had a huge 2nd quarter and provided a lot of rebound from defence and through the mid, even kicked a goal for SA
Wanganeen-Milera - skillful winger, has huge impact per poss and always performs in big games it seems
Horne-Francis - has bursts of class here and there, but needs to get in the play more often
Burgoyne - is a good link up player, but isnt very penetrating or hurt the opposition by foot enough
Ferres - providing a target off of half forw and giving SA a focal point to work through

a few other players playing well (Liddy, Draper, Owens, Beecken)

I thought Draper was really good in the first as well, even if he was quieter in the second

Really?
maybe I read it wrong but I thought that while Draper got a few touches outside of contests that looked good while Sa was persisting with him on-ball that wa mids were repeatedly waltzing it out of there with amazing ease.

Really?
maybe I read it wrong but I thought that while Draper got a few touches outside of contests that looked good while Sa was persisting with him on-ball that wa mids were repeatedly waltzing it out of there with amazing ease.
I thought he was one of the few that was winning the ball for SA.

WA V SA Half Time (36-17)

WA have dominated in general, they have the better midfield, better ruck and better talls around the ground

WA Best so far:
Dittmar - physical beast of a midfielder, putting Horne-Francis to shame, great game and is definitely boosting his draft stocks (1 goal)
Johnson - sublime foot skills and has been the catalyst of many quality forward entries for WA
Amiss - the best leading forward on the ground and capped it off with a special goal from the boundary on the run 40m out, reminds me of a couple of years ago when Ky Pickett and Elijah Hollands kicked similar goals (2 goals)
Tunstill - throws himself in the contest and has used the footy particularly well, have heard about him, but this is the first time ive seen him in a full game and he has been a pleasant surprise
Van Rooyen - has a few intercept marks and good spoils, dominating off of half back and looking really good, will boost his draft stocks as well imo
Chipper - last minute call up and has been good off half back and wing for WA, linked well with important gathers and linking with team mates
Bazzo - intercept/spoiling playing pretty well for WA so far

a few others playing well so far, Benning, Regan and Browne (Sheldrick, Warner, South, Woewodin, Motlop and Hough doing ok)

SA Best so far:
Roberts - had a huge 2nd quarter and provided a lot of rebound from defence and through the mid, even kicked a goal for SA
Wanganeen-Milera - skillful winger, has huge impact per poss and always performs in big games it seems
Horne-Francis - has bursts of class here and there, but needs to get in the play more often
Burgoyne - is a good link up player, but isnt very penetrating or hurt the opposition by foot enough
Ferres - providing a target off of half forw and giving SA a focal point to work through

a few other players playing well (Liddy, Draper, Owens, Beecken)

forgot to mention Hagna, he has been quite good as an underager too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back