U18 Champs U18 Championships Round 6 - Vic Country v Allies @ RSEA Park (Sun, July 9, 1:15pm AEST)

Remove this Banner Ad

If Carlton end up with pick 4 and we pass on him I will burn the joint down

I reckon if you end up with pick 4 at seasons end then, some of your fellow supports, will have already burnt the joint down well before draft night. ;)

How high can McKercher go after the performance he put in during the Champs? He demonstrated the best of his skills.
Think it'd take a bit for him to overtake Reid and Walter, but hard to argue against him leading the pack after that

Think it'd take a bit for him to overtake Reid and Walter, but hard to argue against him leading the pack after that

Would have him as number 3.

Sanders would have to be in the mix with Watson, Duursma and Curtin after him.

Additionally think Gothard and Callinan are good shots at 2nd round

Would have him as number 3.

Sanders would have to be in the mix with Watson, Duursma and Curtin after him.

Additionally think Gothard and Callinan are good shots at 2nd round
Think there'll be better small forwards available than Callinan in the second round, but is definitely part of the long list of draftable Allies talent

McKercher BoG for me! I think he will win whatever the medal is called for player of the championships but all the allies midfielders were extremely good. Sanders, Clurry and Rogers excellent. Any of the mids, their ruck or Walter could win the best player of the carnival, they were all really good. Can't believe I was super invested in the allies winning the champs :embarrassedv1: But it was a fun team to watch and McKercher is the best Tassie prospect I have seen! Sanders not too far behind.
Larke Medal

If the selections are based solely on carnival output then McKercher or Sanders have been far better (and more consistent) than their teammate Walter.
Harley Ried looked good today. He made some errors and didn't have a lot stats wise, but you can see why he is talked about as a pick 1. The four games is a small sample size, a lot of reasons why a player might have one or two down games.

Harley Ried looked good today. He made some errors and didn't have a lot stats wise, but you can see why he is talked about as a pick 1. The four games is a small sample size, a lot of reasons why a player might have one or two down games.
As a West Coast supporter I'm perfectly happy for us to take Reid with pick 1.
He is being utilised in a particular way with Country (same with Duursma, to a lesser extent) that will limit his impact (to some degree).
All I'm saying is that Walter had a propensity for fading in and out of games at the Champs.
Take his last game against Metro. He had one ineffective disposal from the 16 minute mark in the second until the end of the game.
McKercher, by contrast, is constantly involved in all four games. Ditto Sanders and even Read to a lesser extent.

How high can McKercher go after the performance he put in during the Champs? He demonstrated the best of his skills.

I know for a fact the both Collingwood and north had him as number 2 on their draft boards a month ago. And he’s only enhanced himself after the carnival. I’d say he’s a genuine chance to go 2nd pick and I reckon sanders goes in the top 10 also.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How did Darcy Wilson go today?
Was pretty good
kicked a couple of goals and applied a fair bit of forward pressure
looks classy in his movements
has traits which will entice recruiters mid to late first round i would guess

Allies were terrific all carnival
i feel their midfield batted deeper than most carnival teams with sanders, mckercher, rogers, the two swans academy boys and graham.
read was influential and the allies were so much better when he was in the ruck instead of may.
‘the squad have another layer of kids who will get drafted second and third round too.
full props to mark McVeigh who had the boys playing fast, strong footy which showcased young talent

I guess he could go two as according to Ryley Beveridge some clubs have him that high on their draft board, I guess it depends just whether those clubs have that pick. I think he will go somewhere in the top 5, but its also possible he slides if some clubs worry about using a top 7 or 8 pick on a player who will be a huge priority signing for Tasmania when we come into the league.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back