U18 Champs U18 Champs Round 2 - Allies v Western Australia (June 11, 1205pm)

Remove this Banner Ad

Serious talent on this Allies side

Walter
Sanders
Mckercher
Rogers
Read

The obvious but also

Osullivan
Gothard
Callinan

And i also like
Gander
Graham

Hard to not see any of those listed not on an AFL list next year unless under age

No shame in WA being beaten easily in the midfield because the Allies have a far better midfield group but this WA field kicking, when they do get the ball, is dismal to say the least.

Thoughts on the relative game of Connor O'Sullivan vs Dan Curtin? And hence relative draft value?
O’Sullivan is rising like a bullet, both are currently in my top 10 but need more games to really seperate them. Both have some great qualities and could just depend on which one a club wants more. Keep in mind in this game O’Sullivan isn’t really playing on someone of note and Curtin is playing on a potential top 3 caliber player.

Curtain’s game getting a bit undersold here. Walter has been unstoppable for the most part of this year and Curtain is holding his own with very little support.

Curtain also has plenty of physical development to go.
He isn't just holding his own he is besting him so far imo. Great game from Curtain

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He isn't just holding his own he is besting him so far imo. Great game from Curtain
;) Trying to drive Walter's draft position backwards a bit, eh?

But I agree, Curtin's played well. So has O'Sullivan. Walter's still played well IMHO, but a nearly game so far.

McCormack has a very spindly physique, but just taken a couple of fantastic grabs.

Inside 50 count almost even. Allies showed how to hit targets or kick long to advantage after quarter time. WA butchered almost every potential easy kick hit up they had forward of centre.

Lot's of draft stocks took a hit.

Honourable mentions to Curtin, Torrent, Edwards, Sanchez, Hardeman & Kelly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back